Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Taken by surprise on Friday the 13th...
I too prefer browse to the library.

Partly beause MP3 tags are a nightmare - whatever the onvention is supposed to be, no two mp3 files are tagged the same way.  OK, maybe not that bad, but annoying nonetheless.

Also, I separate the stuff on my NAS into two main folders, Music and Podcasts, the latter being populated by podget running via cron on my Moode playing Pi. It's definitely better to play these via browse (podget helps by creating a daily playlist of new episodes) than trying to find the latest ones in the library.

Cheers,

Phil

I have been using moode for a long time. But this library view is unacceptable to me and radio stations without folders. I'm switching to Archphile, maybe  fix something will change Sad

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(07-14-2018, 04:08 PM)Rucia1 Wrote: I have been using moode for a long time. But this library view is unacceptable to me and radio stations without folders. I'm switching to Archphile, maybe  fix something will change Sad

The way it usually works here is that every time there is a new release, people come up with suggestions for improvement. Choices made by Tim can be questionned and he is always open to suggestions if you can convince him, or if we are many to support it. It does not help to come here saying you switch to another player until a certain change is made.
Remy
I will definitely come back as the fix will appear, moode was my favorite player
+1 for a quicker way to go straight to Browse. Never used Library. Gave it a shot for 48 hours with 4.2 in order to assess it but prefer the Browse option. Not the end of the world as you can still get to browse via Music but I’d like the option to go straight to browse with one button rather than having to go through Music. 

Like 4.2 Tim - nice job.
(07-14-2018, 04:56 AM)DRONE7 Wrote: @Tim "If MPD can't read the tags then all bets are off and something is prolly broke in the files."

Yeah, mpd's a bitch,... everything else on Hughie's little green earth reads .flac tags but mpd.

I will see if MaxK  might have a look but won't hold my breath....

Irrespective of that.....as mpd is a bitch and won't work with flac in library view this is why I use Browse view....just saying..

Keep in mind that MPD doesn't directly extract metadata from track files; that's done by the various MPD plugins and their associated helpers for MP3, FLAC, etc., because metadata are encoded in different ways in the various music file formats. There's some intermediary mapping into the Procrustean set of tag types used in the MPD database. It's a conundrum because many of the tag types we know and love are just user-defined strings.

At a guess, different programmers have developed the different plugins and they clearly don't all agree. (Case in point: the potentially useful "name" tag type is extracted by all the plugins I've tested except MP3. The MPD docs say this type is not well-defined, but if all the plugins extracted tags with the name "name", I could use it as a proxy for classical work/composition rather than doing violence to the album tag type.) Beyond specific personalities involved, I'm sure the number of people involved contributes to a general reluctance to change things.

I started investigating the byte-level encodings of metadata in the various music formats and their treatment by MPD some six weeks ago. I got reasonably far along but then was interrupted by what I like to call "real life". I need to finish up so I can post a FAQ here and so I can make a cogent case to the MPD crowd.

Regards,
Kent
(07-14-2018, 10:12 AM)philrandal Wrote: I too prefer browse to the library.

Partly beause MP3 tags are a nightmare - whatever the onvention is supposed to be, no two mp3 files are tagged the same way.  OK, maybe not that bad, but annoying nonetheless.

Also, I separate the stuff on my NAS into two main folders, Music and Podcasts, the latter being populated by podget running via cron on my Moode playing Pi.  It's definitely better to play these via browse (podget helps by creating a daily playlist of new episodes)  than trying to find the latest ones in the library.

Cheers,

Phil

Same here. Plus my MP3/Flac is >300 GB big and in this case library is unusable for me. Have never used it. 
I won't upgrade for now. 
But thank you for great work and your enthusiasm, Tim.
Hi moOde fans,
 :@
Hi Johan,

Scroll bar appearance is controlled by settings in each Web Browser (Chrome, Safari, Edge, etc.).

For the Pi Touch which uses Chrome Browser refer to the Build Recipe, COMPONENT 8 - Local UI display, number 4.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(07-14-2018, 07:06 PM)derekr Wrote: +1 for a quicker way to go straight to Browse. Never used Library. Gave it a shot for 48 hours with 4.2 in order to assess it but prefer the Browse option. Not the end of the world as you can still get to browse via Music but I’d like the option to go straight to browse with one button rather than having to go through Music. 

Like 4.2 Tim - nice job.

Hi,

Before I release the update, if you want to try Browse as a default on initial page load, refresh or return from the Configs then add the code block below thats in italics right under the bolded line at the beginning of the file /var/www/js/scripts-panels.js

jQuery(document).ready(function($) { 'use strict';

// r43a
$('.library-panel-btn').removeClass('active');
$('.browse-panel-btn').addClass('active');
$('#open-library-panel').html('<a href="#browse-panel" class="open-library-panel" data-toggle="tab">Music</a>');

// load session vars

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub