Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Moode & Bubbleupnp server
(12-16-2020, 07:18 PM)M_D_F Wrote: That's good to know. Thanks for posting. How did you load the bubbleupnp server software. Is it possible to get to a terminal from the moode install or did you do it remotely?

The webUI has a switch under the settings/system tab to dis/enable ssh and even a button to launch a handy CLI web console. The default account is pi/moodeaudio.
(12-17-2020, 08:34 AM)Nessuno Wrote:
(12-16-2020, 07:18 PM)M_D_F Wrote: That's good to know. Thanks for posting. How did you load the bubbleupnp server software. Is it possible to get to a terminal from the moode install or did you do it remotely?

The webUI has a switch under the settings/system tab to dis/enable ssh and even a button to launch a handy CLI web console. The default account is pi/moodeaudio.

That switch actually just turns on the server that drives the web CLI.  SSH is always on and you can connect with any SSH client on the network.
----------------
Robert
Hello, I installed bubbleupnp server on top of moode and I use it for streaming Qoboz without any issue, it works great! I have a pi 4 with 2GB of RAM.
Looks like a plan then. Thanks for all your help and advice.
What does Bubbleupnp server concretely do?

I use moode with bubble_upnp android app, to import tracks from tidal and sometimes to control moode.

Don't understand the function of the server-app. Does it take jobs for encoding media?
(12-20-2020, 11:59 AM)zOr7gA8 Wrote: What does Bubbleupnp server concretely do?

I use moode with bubble_upnp android app, to import tracks from tidal and sometimes to control moode.

Don't understand the function of the server-app. Does it take jobs for encoding media?

With the server app you can turn pff your phone, or save the battery, because the streaming data doesn't pass trough your phone.
(12-20-2020, 12:06 PM)magostinelli Wrote:
(12-20-2020, 11:59 AM)zOr7gA8 Wrote: What does Bubbleupnp server concretely do?

With the server app you can turn pff your phone, or save the battery, because the streaming data doesn't pass trough your phone.

thank you.
ah this is cool. but how much power or cpu/ram-usage does it need? and how are tracks imported to moode? still via phone-app?
(12-20-2020, 12:18 PM)zOr7gA8 Wrote: thank you.
ah this is cool. but how much power or cpu/ram-usage does it need? and how are tracks imported to moode? still via phone-app?

The consuption is very low, I open Qobuz on mobile, select share and choouse bubbleupnp.

With moode 7.0 openhome support is included in moode, so probabilly bubble server in no more needed, I will do some test.
(12-21-2020, 08:25 AM)magostinelli Wrote:
(12-20-2020, 12:18 PM)zOr7gA8 Wrote: thank you.

The consuption is very low, I open Qobuz on mobile, select share and choouse bubbleupnp.

With moode 7.0 openhome support is included in moode, so probabilly bubble server in no more needed, I will do some test.

I think for my usecase bubble server doesn't help me. I use upnp-settings in moode. av=off openhome=on. because I like to have the tidal tracks in moode playlist and control via moode ui. But for this I need the bubble upnp android app.

I installed bubble server on raspi but didn't get it to be the streaming source of tidal-tracks. so when I close the bubble android app. playback stops.

can someone help, or confirm that it doesn't work for my usecase?
(02-07-2021, 05:53 PM)zOr7gA8 Wrote: I think for my usecase bubble server doesn't help me. I use upnp-settings in moode. av=off openhome=on. because I like to have the tidal tracks in moode playlist and control via moode ui. But for this I need the bubble upnp android app.

I installed bubble server on raspi but didn't get it to be the streaming source of tidal-tracks. so when I close the bubble android app. playback stops.

can someone help, or confirm that it doesn't work for my usecase?

I'm sorry, but I don't use Tidal, I use Qobuz. I confirm that in my case the streaming works very well with Android app and OpenHome activated (no ububblepnp needs), if turn off my phone the music continue to play.

Maybe the problem was MQA format, that Tidal use, the phone must decrypt the data before pass it to moode?