Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Official moOde 7.2.0 support thread
Hi,

Post all bug reports and questions concerning moOde 7.2.0 or the in-place update for 7.1.0 -> 7.2.0 in this thread. 

Please paste log output, scripts, etc in code boxes for readability.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
just updated 7.1.0 -> 7.2.0, no issues found yet, update was very fast.

Many thanks for this new version of my favourite player!
(04-29-2021, 12:53 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Hi,

Post all bug reports and questions concerning moOde 7.2.0 or the in-place update for 7.1.0 -> 7.2.0 in this thread. 

Please paste log output, scripts, etc in code boxes for readability.

-Tim

Hi Tim,

Looking forward to the new version, thanks.  Just trying the in-place update, I get the message 'Insufficient space.  Update cannot proceed without at least 500M space'.  Never had this before.  Running on a Pi-3B 1.2 1GB.
I have tried clearing cache, playback history etc. and rebooting but still the same.  Is there anything else I can try or do you think I will have to do a full install, i.e. burn image from scratch?

Thanks,
Boaf
Hi. I've started with 7.1.0 and primarily used Airplay. This worked perfectly in 7.1 but is not working in 7.2.

My output is a USB DAC.

The difference I observed:

In 7.1.0 this is how shairport is started: /usr/local/bin/shairport-sync -a Moode Airplay -- -d plughw:2

In 7.2 it says -d _out

Any ideas?
(04-29-2021, 02:59 PM)boafrich Wrote: Hi Tim,

Looking forward to the new version, thanks.  Just trying the in-place update, I get the message 'Insufficient space.  Update cannot proceed without at least 500M space'.  Never had this before.  Running on a Pi-3B 1.2 1GB.
I have tried clearing cache, playback history etc. and rebooting but still the same.  Is there anything else I can try or do you think I will have to do a full install, i.e. burn image from scratch?

Thanks,
Boaf

Have you not expanded the filesystem? Configure > System > Filesystem > [EXPAND]
Hi Tim,

I just upgraded to 7.2.0, all went smoothly, no issues at all, many thanks!
But I need an explanation about UPNP and OpenHome implementation, because I exclusively use moode as UPNP renderer in conjunction with MinimServer+BubbleUpnp server running on a Synology-NAS.

As I correctly understand it, the upmpdcli is by now devided in two separate services, the "UPnP-A/V service only" configured by "UPnP service type=UPnP-A/V" and the "UPnP-A/V service and OpenHome service" configured by "UPnP service type=OpenHome".
So I can bypass the OpenHome implementation in upmpdcli and use the OpenHome renderer implemented by BubbleUPnP-server on the Synology-NAS if "UPnP service type=UPnP-A/V" is configured.

Is it correct so?

Thank a lot!
(04-29-2021, 03:00 PM)maehld Wrote: Hi. I've started with 7.1.0 and primarily used Airplay. This worked perfectly in 7.1 but is not working in 7.2.

My output is a USB DAC.

The difference I observed:

In 7.1.0 this is how shairport is started: /usr/local/bin/shairport-sync -a Moode Airplay -- -d plughw:2

In 7.2 it says -d _out

Any ideas?

Airplay on my test 710 -> 720 updated system works fine.

With Debug logging on here is what is printed in the Moode log after turning on Airplay.
Code:
20210429 110547 worker: Job airplaysvc
20210429 110547  startAirplay(): (/usr/local/bin/shairport-sync -vv -a "Moode Airplay" -- -d _audioout > /var/log/shairport-sync.log 2>&1 &)
Enjoy the Music!
(04-29-2021, 04:56 PM)Streamer Wrote: Hi Tim,

But I need an explanation about UPNP and OpenHome implementation, because I exclusively use moode as UPNP renderer in conjunction with MinimServer+BubbleUpnp server running on a Synology-NAS.

As I correctly understand it, the upmpdcli is by now devided in two separate services, the "UPnP-A/V service only" configured by "UPnP service type=UPnP-A/V" and the "UPnP-A/V service and OpenHome service" configured by "UPnP service type=OpenHome".
So I can bypass the OpenHome implementation in upmpdcli and use the OpenHome renderer implemented by BubbleUPnP-server on the Synology-NAS if "UPnP service type=UPnP-A/V" is configured.

Is it correct so?

Thank a lot!

My understanding is that UPnP-AV and OpenHome services are mutually exclusive.
Enjoy the Music!
Thanks for the new version!

The update from 7.1 to 7.2 went very quickly.
A small downside, I made a curve in the parametric EQ for my hearing aids. 
After the reboot it was still selected, but was not activated.

I first had to set the parametric EQ to off, then the cure again Selecting. 
It then works fine.  Smile
(04-29-2021, 05:31 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(04-29-2021, 04:56 PM)Streamer Wrote: Hi Tim,

Is it correct so?

Thank a lot!

My understanding is that UPnP-AV and OpenHome services are mutually exclusive.

Thank you, but I don't know why the BubbleUPnP app see the Moode UPNP as renderer anyway after I have configured "UPnP service type=OpenHome"?