Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Upgraded to RPI 4b - moode won't boot...
Sad 
Hello,
I've used Moode Audio on my previous pi RPI 3b for a couple of years - I use it with the Allo Digione Signature HAT in my 2channel set up.
With a wifi connection.

I decided to upgrade to teh RPI 4b 8GB version, connected everything, and it won't boot, I mean the pi boots and has lights and all but no moode wifi network. I decided to burn the image again (using a 32GB SD card, which worked fine before) - and again nothing.

I tried connecting an Ethernet cable, again I see the ethernet lights but can't access the moode through neither https://moode or http://moode.local/.
I tried a network search, it shows up as a mac for some reason, but a port scan shows nothiing open... Trying burning the SD card again and nothing...

Please help, ideas are welcome! Thank you
Try a new SDCard and boot up on the 3B. If that works ok then try the 4B without anyHAT boards or other peripherals connected.

Just as a data point my 4B Pi's work fine including Ethernet and WiFi.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Thank you, will do.

BTW what's the correct way of formattign a 32GB Sd card fro teh Pi/Moode? I understand it only supports FAT so only really using 4GB of the 32GB?

Thank you,
You don't need to format the card.

When the moOde image is written to the card it overwrites whatever partitions and data were on the card with formatted boot (VFAT) and root (EXT4) partitions contained in the image.

Try the official Raspberry Pi imager
https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentatio...ng-images/
Enjoy the Music!
(06-30-2021, 07:24 PM)Blue566 Wrote: Thank you, will do.

BTW what's the correct way of formattign a 32GB Sd card fro teh Pi/Moode? I understand it only supports FAT so only really using  4GB of the 32GB?

Thank you,

Nope. Here's the fdisk output for the memory stick I'm using on the moOde player I have running at the moment:

Code:
Disk /dev/sda: 14.3 GiB, 15376318464 bytes, 30031872 sectors
Disk model: Cruzer Fit      
Units: sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes
Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
I/O size (minimum/optimal): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
Disklabel type: dos
Disk identifier: 0x067e19d7

Device     Boot  Start      End  Sectors  Size Id Type
/dev/sda1         8192   532479   524288  256M  c W95 FAT32 (LBA)
/dev/sda2       532480 30031871 29499392 14.1G 83 Linux

The first partition is formatted FAT32 and contains the boot filesystem. The second partition is formatted "Linux" and contains my expanded root filesystem.
This is baked into the moOde image file which Tim distributes and which is flashed to SDCard or USB memory stick or to a USB drive.
Regards,
Kent
Ok a quick update,
I switched back to the RPI 3 and everything works a charm, I think teh RPI 4 is faulty somehow and I'll return it.

I did remove the hat and got Moode to run on the RPI 4, but after a restart it won't boot again, something was wrong there.
Anyway onwards.

thank you people for the advice and an even bigger thanks for MOODE! it rocks!
Have you ruled out power supply? The 4 I think needs a 3A PSU to be on the safe side.
Enjoy the Music!
Thanks,
I connected it to one of those 2-USB phone chargers (as I did with the RPI 3), so I think taht wasn't the issue. In any case everything works fine now so now worries. Thanks again for the help and Moode!