Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Official moOde 7.4.y support thread
(09-29-2021, 06:26 PM)Jedrek Wrote: @the_bertrum
@Tim Curtis
@TheOldPresbyope

I've spent the last two days trying to fix my UPNP and DLNA issues. It turns out that even if we go very deep when indexing DLNA content - to the level of a directory where there are only subdirectories with music and we will index through directories, the system freezes, which is manifested by continuous green LED lighting. After about a minute, when the system starts working normally, the "UPNP" directory in the "MNT" directory disappears. After which I get an endpoint access error.
You need to restart the player and force DLNA directory level to "Update this folder". Then indexing takes place again, but until now. A directory in which there are about 1000 subdirectories with music, and each directory has 10-15 songs, requires at least three reboots of the device and forcing the "Update this folder" option, of course after about a 1-minute break due to the lack of access to the player (green LED will be lit all the time).
I don't understand one more action. Well, if I clearly indicate the directories in DLNA resources that I want to be scanned, why does the cover scan scan the entire DLNA server anyway?
I don't understand that.

The script that generates the file list for input to the thumbnail generator just looks at the root directories under /mnt. The file is /var/www/command/listall.sh. IIRC the folder that stores cover files on a DLNA server is different depending on the particular server software and thus the best that can be done is to just scan /mnt/UPNP.

In any case you would be better off just accessing your music files via Samba or NFS which are much faster protocols than the old FUSE/UPnP Browser stuff.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(09-29-2021, 06:27 PM)brotakul Wrote:
(09-29-2021, 03:46 AM)brotakul Wrote:
(09-28-2021, 06:52 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(09-28-2021, 04:21 PM)brotakul Wrote: I have 2 Pi based streamers, both running MoOde 7.4.0 and I have an issue with Spotify connect: I can initially connect to it, plays ok, but if I pause or change volume the connection drops and reverts to local/controlling device (usually my iPhone), on both MoOde streamers.
First I suspected my phone but I tried my wife's and it does the exact same thing.
Then I tried the same switching the stream between my phone and my laptop. It works flawlessly.
So I guess this points to some issue with the 7.4.0 version... or the librespot library? Anybody knows anything about this?

Works fine on my end using iPhone and iMac. 

You might try running it from SSH and see if it reports any errors. If so then you could submit an issue to the librespot team.

Code:
# Turn it off in Audio Config

# Run the command below substituting your Spotify name for "RP2 Spotify" after the  --name parameter.
sudo librespot --name RP2 Spotify --bitrate 320 --format S16 --initial-volume 0 --volume-ctrl log --cache /var/local/www/spotify_cache --disable-audio-cache --backend alsa --device _audioout --onevent /var/local/www/commandw/spotevent.sh

Thanks Tim for supporting.
I ran the command and it runs without errors. Also, I see no messages in journalctl when the drop event occurs. Should I also look somewhere else? Should I still also open a bug report with librespot? Thing is, I don't have much to support the bug claim at this point... just what I experience. Thanks again!

OK, I did another test: I streamed on both Spotify Connect and Airplay from my phone to the RPi streamer and I used a second phone as a "witness" displaying MoOde interface. Upon connecting the stream to the RPi, the "Spotify/Airplay Active" message appeared on the second phone, as expected. When I disconnected the stream from Spotify though, it didn't also appear disconnected on the second phone, even if the music did stop playing on MoOde. I had to manually disconnect the stream directly from the second phone so the RPi to become available again in the Spotify Connect devices list.
It seems that, for some reason, the connection is not closed gracefully, so the RPi remains hanging.

Is this of any help? Is there any way to further check this out? Something more.. technical, maybe? At least to verify if it's a MoOde or librespot issue?

I'm not able to repro these issues. Spotify just works on my end. I can have a second client displaying moOde UI and both clients will display the "Spotify Active" overlay and then regardless of whether I disconnect the Spotify session from client or from the overlay screen once the session ends the overlay screen goes away on both clients.

Maybe try a fresh 740 image.
Enjoy the Music!
(09-29-2021, 07:56 PM)The script that generates the file list for input to the thumbnail generator just looks at the root directories under /mnt. The file is /var/www/command/listall.sh. IIRC the folder that stores cover files on a DLNA server is different depending on the particular server software and thus the best that can be done is to just scan /mnt/UPNPIn any case you would be better off just accessing your music files via Samba or NFS which are much faster protocols than the old FUSE/UPnP Browser stuff. Wrote: @Tim Curtis
There seems to be something wrong with UPNP and DLNA because the player cannot distinguish between two files with the same name in one directory.
For example, in the source there are:
1. OMD - Reflection
7. OMD - Reflection

and our player sees only the first of them, this is an obvious error, certainly not a DLNA server, but an interpreter on the moodeaudio side.
It's a pity of my time, UPNP is underdeveloped.
There's a lot wrong with UPnP/DLNA but you would need to direct your questions to the maintainers of those components with exception being UPnP Browser (djmount) which has been unmaintained for long time so any issues with it are unsupportable. Generally I don't like having long since unmaintained components in the project that generate support issues and so at some point it might get dropped.
Enjoy the Music!
(09-29-2021, 08:13 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: I'm not able to repro these issues. Spotify just works on my end. I can have a second client displaying moOde UI and both clients will display the "Spotify Active" overlay and then regardless of whether I disconnect the Spotify session from client or from the overlay screen once the session ends the overlay screen goes away on both clients.
Maybe try a fresh 740 image.

I'm an idiot... For some reason, it seems I set Output mode to Direct (hw). Changed it back to Default (plughw) and it solved my "problem".
Sorry for that!
(09-29-2021, 06:26 PM)Jedrek Wrote: It turns out that even if we go very deep when indexing DLNA content - to the level of a directory where there are only subdirectories with music and we will index through directories, the system freezes

I'd go deeper even than that, down into the music directory and then on to the Albums. It's only at that level where you won't have the same music repeated in several different folders. However, once you've gone to that level, you can get the same functionality but much faster over the SMB mount option. The DLNA browser is just very slow indeed. It was my first choice when I first installed moOde because DLNA was what I was used to browsing my collection over, but I soon ditched it for SMB just becasue that works so much better. I do still have my DLNA server running, and on occasion I'll use another control point (BubbleUPnP on my phone) to browse the collection and send it to my moOde player as a UPnP reciever. That way I get my RPi player sound goodness with my DLNA browsing experience.

If you have a particular reason for mounting over UPnP then it looks like you are stuck with the fact that it is very slow and can crash sometimes. On a big collection, that's going to be a pain.
However, I still suspect that the reason for it reportedly working fine in 6.x and not in 7.x is down to the mpd indexing changes. Have you tried the Folder path index option?
----------------
Robert
Hello,

I'm missing an entry for Hifiberry ADC pro. There is an overlay to choose for it but that does not bring up the input.
I now use the Hifiberry ADC (without pro), but i guess the clock switching of the pro won't work this way.

Best Regards
Josef
Hi,

I am trying to update the moode software from version 7.3.0 to 7.4.0 but it keeps telling me that the software is up to date. Is there a manual way of updating?

Many Thanks
Clive
(09-30-2021, 11:14 AM)josh2000 Wrote: Hello,

I'm missing an entry for Hifiberry ADC pro. There is an overlay to choose for it but that does not bring up the input.
I now use the Hifiberry ADC (without pro), but i guess the clock switching of the pro won't work this way.

Best Regards
Josef

Quite a while ago our project stopped trying by default to integrate new audio devices and their unique options because of a  lack of dev resources, lack of vendor support, too many new devices, and the fact that the significant amount of dev time required to integrate devices and their options competed with time we needed to spend integrating important new and generally applicable features for example CamillaDSP and Multiroom Audio, fixing bugs and improving reliability.ny

We still spend time to integrate selected audio devices but only if the vendor supports our project, provides sample devices, technical support and we mutually agree to work together. Another avenue for device integration is if a dev or vendor does the integration work themselves and submits a PR to the repo. As long as the vendor support mentioned before is in place the PR will be considered.
Enjoy the Music!
(09-30-2021, 11:48 AM)Nuvera Wrote: Hi,

I am trying to update the moode software from version 7.3.0 to 7.4.0 but it keeps telling me that the software is up to date. Is there a manual way of updating?

Many Thanks
Clive

Sure. From SSH run the command below. Don't forget to make a backup of you system before updating.

Code:
sudo /var/www/command/updater.sh r730
Enjoy the Music!