Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Cannot manage Spotify playlist
Hi, hope I understood all you have written.
And thanks to who has explained as well the issue.
I've noticed that if I create a queue I can manage it and change songs position as I like. Issue appears with existing play lists. But I could added songs to them and I can manage only the songs I added.
Hope I've been clear.
If I use TV render (with Spotify connect) I can do what I want. Not tried with pc windows but I'll do as soon as possible.
Thank you all.

Edit. The playing song became green only if I reproduce my favourite. Not in other playlist.
(10-05-2021, 08:23 PM)Nacchero Wrote: Hi, hope I understood all you have written.
And thanks to who has explained as well the issue.
I've noticed that if I create a queue I can manage it and change songs position as I like. Issue appears with existing play lists. But I could added songs to them and I can manage only the songs I added.
Hope I've been clear.
If I use TV render (with Spotify connect) I can do what I want. Not tried with pc windows but I'll do as soon as possible.
Thank you all.

Edit. The playing song became green only if I reproduce my favourite. Not in other playlist.

Yes, a nuance I hadn't appreciated.  This does not happen if tracks are added to the queue explicitly, it only holds for tracks that are added by being next in a playlist or album that a song was played from.

So, browse to an Album for example and tap the first song to play it.  The rest of that album gets added to the queue as "next from".  It is these tracks that are inert on the Android play queue.
----------------
Robert
Okay, so reading “confused the terminology” got my attention.

Turns out I was misdirected by the thread title “…manage…playlist.” Candidly I’d never managed to display the queue until I finally RTFM (‘cuz, you know, real men don’t need manuals; they just hammer on the keyboard/touchpad until something happens).

I can confirm your observation that the tracks are inert in the Android track queue when testing with several apps connected to moOde but are active in the same test connected to, say, my Facebook Portal.

Seems like an issue to report to the librespot repo. Given my inneptness with Spotify I don’t think I’m the right reporter.

Regards,
Kent
(10-06-2021, 12:55 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: Okay, so reading “confused the terminology” got my attention.

Turns out I was misdirected by the thread title “…manage…playlist.” Candidly I’d never managed to display the queue until I finally RTFM (‘cuz, you know, real men don’t need manuals; they just hammer on the keyboard/touchpad until something happens).

I can confirm your observation that the tracks are inert in the Android track queue when testing with several apps connected to moOde but are active in the same test connected to, say, my Facebook Portal.

Seems like an issue to report to the librespot repo. Given my inneptness with Spotify I don’t think I’m the right reporter.

Regards,
Kent

Hurrah, I thought I might be going a little mad. I'll see if I can raise it with librespot.
----------------
Robert
Raised with librespot here:
https://github.com/librespot-org/librespot/issues/861
----------------
Robert
And the super fast response from Roderick was this:

Quote:I can confirm this. In part #701 is the same issue. I'm not sure we can get this to work under the current Spotify API, so I'm tagging this as work to be done under the new-api efforts.

Looks like patience will be rewarded on this one.
----------------
Robert
Excellent ! Thanks for your efforts..:-)
----------
bob
Hi, I write and read English as could do a goat, sorry.
But I have understood that the question is known and something will be done. Right?
In this case will be there a firmware update?
Thanks
(10-07-2021, 04:45 PM)Nacchero Wrote: Hi, I write and read English as could do a goat, sorry.
But I have understood that the question is known and something will be done. Right?
In this case will be there a firmware update?
Thanks

There is no guarantee of a fix but the librespot team said that they will look at the issue as part of their long term effort to develop a new API.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Hi, the issue I think is in tha Android app.
Using pc or iPhone everything works perfectly.
Someone thinks problem could be solved?
Thanks