Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Noob: Album art shows on iPad Safari but not MacBook
Hello. I have been working my way through the current version of MoOde to see if it works for me vs a couple of others. I am having a problem on displaying my albums. I have looked through the first 4 pages of hits on the support forum here but they seem to refer to different issues. My problem is the album art shows with the browser on my iPad but not on MacBook laptop (using Safari on both) - the 2 systems have different display resolutions. 

I am not at all technically knowledgeable (& pretty slow!) so any advice on what I could try would need to be simplistic. My system is based on a Raspberry Pi with an external dac and accessed via wi-fi through an ordinary ISP router. Not sure what other detail is needed but will happily supply that if I can.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Look at the image that is shown....it is smaller than the others... I'm guessing there is some setting/ (ad) blocker on the browser for the problem device that blocks images over a certain size..?

For example U-Block Origin does this .

(That small image...it is one you added and tagged manually ? Beethoven, Brahms, and C(h)opin.)
----------
bob
(12-06-2021, 06:17 PM)DRONE7 Wrote: Look at the image that is shown....it is smaller than the others... I'm guessing there is some setting/ (ad) blocker on the browser for the problem device that blocks images over a certain size..?

For example U-Block Origin does this .

(That small image...it is one you added and tagged manually ? Beethoven, Brahms, and C(h)opin.)

Thank you very much for responding & apologies for the delayed reply - I was travelling yesterday & only saw your suggestion this morning. Unfortunately that does not seem to be the issue as I switched off the adblocker completely & still had no joy with the album covers. Incidentally the other two software apps seem to not have an issue with displaying the covers on the MacBook with the adblocker on or off. 

On your other query about whether that particular smaller image was manually tagged - yes it was. However there are images lower down on the MacBook screen that were not added by me but automatically whilst ripping that are showing.

So the search for a solution continues. ?
Have you cleared the browser cache on the macbook?
----------------
Robert
If it is associated with device resolution then have you experimented with the columns/thumbnail resolution settings and did any changes make a difference ?

Main Menu>Preferences>Library>'Thumbnail Resolution' and 'Thumbnail columns.'
Check their individual help icons for details and method.

Also to note that there is a Thumbnail cache regeneration setting Main Menu>Configure>Library>
----------
bob
(12-07-2021, 01:08 PM)the_bertrum Wrote: Have you cleared the browser cache on the macbook?

Yes. I believe it is a resolution issue (as also suggested by drone7) & I will get a chance to try adjusting the thumbnail defaults over the weekend. Thank you for responding.
(12-07-2021, 05:32 PM)DRONE7 Wrote: If it is associated with device resolution then have you experimented with the columns/thumbnail resolution settings and did any changes make a difference ?

Also to note that there is a Thumbnail cache regeneration setting Main Menu>Configure>Library>

Thanks again! Will be able to try out the column/ thumbnail settings over the weekend - hopefully that will resolve my problem.
(12-07-2021, 05:32 PM)DRONE7 Wrote: If it is associated with device resolution then have you experimented with the columns/thumbnail resolution settings and did any changes make a difference ?

Thank you - most of the album art is now showing after playing with the thumbnail res/columns.