Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Idea: Radio channel preamp
Hi,
Web radio channels (like Compact Discs) unfortunately do not stick to any standard volume level; so, when changing the radio station, I often need to turn the volume up or down.
While there is a solution on the ripped CDs in the MPD library (the ReplayGain tag), as far as I know this is not possible on the radio streams.
However, moOde offers one feature in MPD Config / Gain and Normalization: the ReplayGain preamp, which in a way allows to roughly equalize the volume of the files in the MPD library to the one of the (average of the) radio streams.
Then it remains the problem that each stream has a different level. For that, I am proposing to add a small feature to each web radio Edit Station menu: a preamp setting similar to the ReplayGain preamp that would give the possibility to tweak the volume level of the station up or down.
It could be a useful option but would only apply to stations played via moOde WebUI. Play commands sent by third party apps are processed directly by MPD which means that MPD itself would need to handle the volume adjustment.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Is this basically the same problem as in https://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=5316 ?
Therefore, my understanding is that third party apps might not fully working, and that we should only use the web interface for a full functionality. Is that correct?
(01-25-2023, 08:33 PM)ATE-666 Wrote: Is this basically the same problem as in https://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=5316 ?
Therefore, my understanding is that third party apps might not fully working, and that we should only use the web interface for a full functionality. Is that correct?

Right. Our WebUI provides access to the full moOde feature set. Third party apps won't be able to do that.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub