Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

moodeaudio USBridge sign Tidal MQA
(01-23-2023, 09:45 PM)weather72 Wrote: Android

On Android I join @jonners in using BubbleUPnP over mconnect.

That said, I do not and will not ever have anything to do with streaming Master Quality Adulterated, and I don't subscribe to TIDAL for that same reason, I use Qobuz.

For clarity, BubbleUPnP and mconnect are not "players", the player is Moode. The apps used to control playback to various player/endpoints from various music sources are called Control Points.
Tidal MQA doesn't work through Bubble
what is the best player control to play Tidal MQA without audio dropouts?
Well, first of all... why is this posted in the "Introduce Yourself" thread, and not somewhere else, more convenient one, like "Support"?
As for the various questions... moOde is, eventually, an audio renderer for services like Apple Music / Spotify and others; so the aforementioned audio streams need to be checked as STANDALONE, through the browser or dedicated APPs before posting "blablabla does not work in moOde" threads. This I say.
Then again, integration in moOde of such services may, or may not, be STATE OF THE ART, as not all of them provide free code (and free support) to be integrated.

Now, I do agree that moOde is a very beautiful piece of code, offering capabilities that are not even available in other paid applications, such as Roon, or Volumio.
This does not make it a trash pit for every-morning wish... it's free, it tries to make everything available, but this is done at the cost of somebody's spare time.

Just my two cents. Please, be grateful. There is nothing like moOde out there in the wilderness of the Internet.
Love from all to all.
(01-29-2023, 10:34 AM)weather72 Wrote: what is the best player control to play Tidal MQA without audio dropouts?

Specifically, a DAC with native MQA playback capabilities would be the best choice. All MQA files can be rendered at something in the line of 44.1 or 48 kHz; that is, the first layer is free for everybody to enjoy. Then, since it is an hardware encoded stream, as said before, you may need a DAC capable of decoding the stream.
At least this is what I understand about MQA files. If I'm wrong, please, do correct me, as I would like to be able to decode MQA files for free.
Moved from "Introduce Yourself" to "Support"
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
I listem on Topping D90SE
It's sad that moode can't handle Tidal MQA. Then I go back to the Volumio system.
(02-05-2023, 06:32 AM)weather72 Wrote: It's sad that moode can't handle Tidal MQA. Then I go back to the Volumio system.

Here you go then. Have at it and all the best.!
https://spotipy.readthedocs.io/en/2.22.1...and-tables
----------
bob
(02-05-2023, 06:32 AM)weather72 Wrote: It's sad that moode can't handle Tidal MQA. Then I go back to the Volumio system.

The sadness is that Tidal will take your money (and give a chunk of it to MQA) but not allow you to stream to whatever you want after taking your cash.  You need to take this up with Tidal and ask them why they restrict what you can do with the stream once you have bought it.
----------------
Robert