Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Spotify playing slow
@the_bertrum  The startSpotify()  messages are thrown by moOde with debug logging turned on.

@Nutul  Yup, Al, your conjecture about sourcing Spotify streams is correct and is easy to demonstrate. Once a Spotify track or playlist of tracks has been started in the Spotify app on my iPad, for example, with moOde as the current device, one can kill the app or even power off the iPad with no interruption to moOde playback. Restart the Spotify app and it soon retrieves the currently playing track info from moOde.

OTOH, thinking about it leaves me even more perplexed trying to conjecture reasons the OP might be experiencing slowdown in playback. I suspect it's a topic best posted by the OP on the librespot github discussions forum. (A quick search of both the discussions forum and the issues log on keywords such as speed, slow, and the like didn't turn up anything that looked relevant). 'course they'll want more details about the sourcing device including OS, and Spotify app, as well as the moOde version, the librespot version, and audio backend (ALSA).

Regards,
Kent
I'm not a spotify user but was curious and looked at the spotify app.
I see there is a speed control for playback... seems a bit odd but perhaps handy for podcasts.
I don't suppose the op has changed speed inadvertently to the .7 setting or custom.?
----------
bob
(04-29-2023, 12:03 AM)DRONE7 Wrote: I'm not a spotify user but was curious and looked at the spotify app.
I see there is a speed control for playback... seems a bit odd but perhaps handy for podcasts.
I don't suppose the op has changed speed inadvertently to the .7 setting or custom.?

The speed setting isn't exposed by the moOde connect interface, so if that's what's up it will either be because of a modified connect string, or the other client is set to pay fast.
----------------
Robert
(04-29-2023, 09:02 AM)the_bertrum Wrote: ...
so if that's what's up it will either be because of a modified connect string, or the other client is set to pay fast.

That's indeed the question, now...

Other thing being... URL protocl changed, so maybe now the speed IS required, and for some odd reason, if missing, it defaults to "slower"...
<professional_deformation_mode>
typedef speed_type enum {
  slow = 0,
  normal,
  fast
}

speed_type sp;    // defaults to 0 at compile time...

if (speed_param) {
  sp = speed_param;
}
</professional_deformation_mode>

I know this is weird, but computers do what you tell them to, not what you want. All is possible.
(04-29-2023, 12:50 PM)Nutul Wrote:
(04-29-2023, 09:02 AM)the_bertrum Wrote: ...
so if that's what's up it will either be because of a modified connect string, or the other client is set to pay fast.

That's indeed the question, now...

Other thing being... URL protocl changed, so maybe now the speed IS required, and for some odd reason, if missing, it defaults to "slower"...
<professional_deformation_mode>
typedef speed_type enum {
  slow = 0,
  normal,
  fast
}

speed_type sp;    // defaults to 0 at compile time...

if (speed_param) {
  sp = speed_param;
}
</professional_deformation_mode>

I know this is weird, but computers do what you tell them to, not what you want. All is possible.

That would however, affect all of us wouldn't it?  I think we need more information from the OP who is the only person to have reported this issue.  Until then...
----------------
Robert