Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: Installing 8.3.2-arm64 locks up Pi4
Hi all, please be patient with me because I'm not tech savvy.. I've never had an issue installing MoOde over the years and been an avid supporter of Tims and the crews hard work.

I thought I'd treat my Pi 4 4G to a fresh install of 8.3.2-arm64 MoOde but despite several different SD cards and two different image writers MoOde crashes at the config stage. I cant 'set' anything in the GENERAL section (Timezone/host/keyboard layout/browser title) but the cursor dives down to the box marked 'OPTIONS' under 'FILE Sharing', I don't know what to put in that box so I cannot go any further.
Under the 'OPTIONS' box is a string '  rw,sync,no_subtree_check,no_root_squash' if I paste that into the 'OPTIONS' box the installation hangs entirely and I can't do anything at all.

I've downloaded several clean image and tried different SD cards and end up in the same predicament, just for clarification I've had no issue installing the legacy version of 8.3.2?

Cheers!
(05-06-2023, 08:41 PM)Strider Wrote: Hi all, please be patient with me because I'm not tech savvy.. I've never had an issue installing MoOde over the years and been an avid supporter of Tims and the crews hard work.

I thought I'd treat my Pi 4 4G to a fresh install of 8.3.2-arm64 MoOde but despite several different SD cards and two different image writers MoOde crashes at the config stage. I cant 'set' anything in the GENERAL section (Timezone/host/keyboard layout/browser title) but the cursor dives down to the box marked 'OPTIONS' under 'FILE Sharing', I don't know what to put in that box so I cannot go any further.
Under the 'OPTIONS' box is a string '  rw,sync,no_subtree_check,no_root_squash' if I paste that into the 'OPTIONS' box the installation hangs entirely and I can't do anything at all.

I've downloaded several clean image and tried different SD cards and end up in the same predicament, just for clarification I've had no issue installing the legacy version of 8.3.2?

Cheers!

Are you using the Raspberry Pi imager and setting a username and password before creating the SD image?
----------------
Robert
Thanks for the reply Robert,
I must admit I've only ever used Win32 Disk imager for every SD card and USB and not had any issues with MoOde or Volumio (sorry!!). Ill try again with RPi imager to see what happens.
Thanks again
I'd like to know why this is recommended. I'm having the same issue with 64bit bricking SD cards...to the point I can't recover them.
(05-07-2023, 03:11 PM)dubulup Wrote: I'd like to know why this is recommended.  I'm having the same issue with 64bit bricking SD cards...to the point I can't recover them.

Hi,

It's not recommended, it's essential, read the following post.

Regards,
Phil.

https://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=5569
(05-07-2023, 10:29 AM)the_bertrum Wrote:
(05-06-2023, 08:41 PM)Strider Wrote: Hi all, please be patient with me because I'm not tech savvy.. I've never had an issue installing MoOde over the years and been an avid supporter of Tims and the crews hard work.

Cheers!

Are you using the Raspberry Pi imager and setting a username and password before creating the SD image?

Hy Robert - using RPi Imager and setting a password did the trick! Once the system booted the config settings were automatically applied (not seen that before?) and I sailed through the installation as per previous versions of MoOde.
Thanks again mate!
(05-07-2023, 08:36 PM)Phil323UK Wrote:
(05-07-2023, 03:11 PM)dubulup Wrote: I'd like to know why this is recommended.  I'm having the same issue with 64bit bricking SD cards...to the point I can't recover them.

Hi,

It's not recommended, it's essential, read the following post.

Regards,
Phil.

https://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=5569

Thanks Phil, this also helped installing 8.3.2 64 bit - I've never had an issue installing MoOde before and the legacy version didn't give me any issues either but using RPi imager sorted it all out. Just scanning the library now..
Thanks mate!