Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Qobuz render doesn't work anymore
I have a regular qobuz subscription, so I can do any test you need. With previous moode version everything works as expected and I had the option "use renderer's Qobuz support" activated.
(05-09-2023, 04:22 PM)bitlab Wrote: @Tim Curtis not sure if it even helps in this situation see doc link below, no Qobuz subscription here to test it out.
See:
https://www.lesbonscomptes.com/upmpdcli/...PMPDCLI-MS

Ok, thanks and yes the OP's issue seems to be something with bubbleupnp because as I understand it streaming service credentials are handled by bubble and not upmpdcli and thus there is no need for any sort of plugin.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(05-09-2023, 05:33 PM)magostinelli Wrote: I have a regular qobuz subscription, so I can do any test you need. With previous moode version everything works as expected and I had the option "use renderer's Qobuz support" activated.

I don't know whether it will solve your issue but if you want to try it the upmpdcli Qobuz plugin package has been uploaded to our CS repo. 

Install via the command below. I'm not sure if there are any config settings for the plugin.
Code:
sudo apt install upmpdcli-qobuz=1.7.7-1moode1
Enjoy the Music!
It works!

I added some tracks to the playlist (from Qobuz), and than disconnected the phone from the local network, I can change the song and play any from the playlist.

Probabilly i found another bug, not I suppose is not related to this one (random play in playlist), I will open another thread.
(05-11-2023, 01:23 PM)magostinelli Wrote: It works!

I added some tracks to the playlist (from Qobuz), and than disconnected the phone from the local network, I can change the song and play any from the playlist.

Probabilly i found another bug, not I suppose is not related to this one (random play in playlist), I will open another thread.

What exactly is your configuration?

Client app, middleware, etc.
Enjoy the Music!
(05-11-2023, 01:43 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: What exactly is your configuration?

Client app, middleware, etc.

Clientapp: BubbleUpnp

moode installed on pi 4 with openhub enabled.

Do you need some other information?
So I finally realized @magostinelli  is not talking about the BubbleUPnP (for DLNA protocol) app; he's talking about the BubbleDS (for Linn DS.OpenHome protocol) app. Same group of devs; different apps exercising different code paths in upmpdcli. The clues were the specific configuration setting he referenced (which is not in BubbleUPnP) and the hint that he's working with multiple Qobuz tracks in the queue on the moOde player (which is an OpenHome thing).

The moOde project is at the mercy of the whims of the powers-that-be at Qobuz and the coding skills of the upmpdcli devs. I suggest @magostinelli  post his issue to the upmpdcli gitlab site (https://framagit.org/medoc92/upmpdcli). Be sure to include device, version, and settings information as I do below. Note that this is not the first time such an issue concerning BubbleDS and Qobuz has been raised. There was one 11 months ago that got addressed (apparently a coding error in that case).

ETA - There was an issue against upmpdcli-qobuz a month ago which identified a code modification needed to accommodate a change Qobuz made. That modification is present in my moOde player. Perhaps somehow the OPs moOde update from whatever to 8.3.2 didn't include the modified file? (/usr/share/upmpdcli/cdplugins/qobuz/api/spoofbuz.py)

---

FYI -

ATM I'm running *unlicensed* BubbleUPnP 3.8.0.3 arm64-v8a) on my Pixel 6a phone (Android 13). For testing moOde's UPnP capability, I'm running moOde 8.3.2 on a Pi3a with a Creative Tech USB-BT transceiver driving my wireless Sennheiser headphones.

Test 1-
  • enable moOde UPnP Renderer (named 'test UPNP') in UPnP-A/V service mode.
  • set BubbleUPnP to use 'test UPNP' as its Renderer.
  • set BubbleUPnP to use Qobuz as its (Cloud) Media Server.
  • I am able to browse the Qobuz offerings in the usual top-down mode and play selections through moOde to my headphones. The URLs of the tracks reference the phone IP
Test 2 -
  • install the upmpdcli-qobuz package per post #13
  • insert my Qobuz subscription credentials in /etc/upmpdcli.conf [note- stored in plain text! Yuck.]
  • restart renderer
  • set BubbleUPnP app to use 'test UPNP-mediaserver' as its (Local) Media Server
  • I am able to browser the Qobuz offerings and play selections as before. The URLs of the tracks reference the moOde player IP. The UI looks slightly different and its response seems a bit more sluggish, but the Miles Davis tracks I'm listening to sound the same.
There is no BubbleUPnP issue apparent to me.

Regards,
Kent
(05-18-2023, 08:29 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: So I finally realized @magostinelli  is not talking about the BubbleUPnP (for DLNA protocol) app; he's talking about the BubbleDS (for Linn DS.OpenHome protocol) app. Same group of devs; different apps exercising different code paths in upmpdcli. The clues were the specific configuration setting he referenced (which is not in BubbleUPnP) and the hint that he's working with multiple Qobuz tracks in the queue on the moOde player (which is an OpenHome thing).

The moOde project is at the mercy of the whims of the powers-that-be at Qobuz and the coding skills of the upmpdcli devs. I suggest @magostinelli  post his issue to the upmpdcli gitlab site (https://framagit.org/medoc92/upmpdcli). Be sure to include device, version, and settings information as I do below. Note that this is not the first time such an issue concerning BubbleDS and Qobuz has been raised. There was one 11 months ago that got addressed (apparently a coding error in that case).

ETA - There was an issue against upmpdcli-qobuz a month ago which identified a code modification needed to accommodate a change Qobuz made. That modification is present in my moOde player. Perhaps somehow the OPs moOde update from whatever to 8.3.2 didn't include the modified file? (/usr/share/upmpdcli/cdplugins/qobuz/api/spoofbuz.py)

---

FYI -

ATM I'm running *unlicensed* BubbleUPnP 3.8.0.3 arm64-v8a) on my Pixel 6a phone (Android 13). For testing moOde's UPnP capability, I'm running moOde 8.3.2 on a Pi3a with a Creative Tech USB-BT transceiver driving my wireless Sennheiser headphones.

Test 1-
  • enable moOde UPnP Renderer (named 'test UPNP') in UPnP-A/V service mode.
  • set BubbleUPnP to use 'test UPNP' as its Renderer.
  • set BubbleUPnP to use Qobuz as its (Cloud) Media Server.
  • I am able to browse the Qobuz offerings in the usual top-down mode and play selections through moOde to my headphones. The URLs of the tracks reference the phone IP
Test 2 -
  • install the upmpdcli-qobuz package per post #13
  • insert my Qobuz subscription credentials in /etc/upmpdcli.conf [note- stored in plain text! Yuck.]
  • restart renderer
  • set BubbleUPnP app to use 'test UPNP-mediaserver' as its (Local) Media Server
  • I am able to browser the Qobuz offerings and play selections as before. The URLs of the tracks reference the moOde player IP. The UI looks slightly different and its response seems a bit more sluggish, but the Miles Davis tracks I'm listening to sound the same.
There is no BubbleUPnP issue apparent to me.

Regards,
Kent

Nor me, the BubbleUPnP app for Android has always worked with Moode's UPnP Renderer as long as I can remember using it, in conjunction with the Qobuz streaming service.
(05-11-2023, 01:01 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(05-09-2023, 05:33 PM)magostinelli Wrote: I have a regular qobuz subscription, so I can do any test you need. With previous moode version everything works as expected and I had the option "use renderer's Qobuz support" activated.

I don't know whether it will solve your issue but if you want to try it the upmpdcli Qobuz plugin package has been uploaded to our CS repo. 

Install via the command below. I'm not sure if there are any config settings for the plugin.
Code:

Sorry for not replying to subsequent posts to this thread. Yes, this is what I mean by Qobuz has worked when you keep this package/plugin updated.  I've been using Qobuz this way ever since the original fix in 2020. I use Linn Kazoo/Linn app to control and play Qobuz content etc. through Moode.
(05-22-2023, 11:35 AM)SoundAdikt Wrote:
(05-11-2023, 01:01 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:

Code:

Sorry for not replying to subsequent posts to this thread. Yes, this is what I mean by Qobuz has worked when you keep this package/plugin updated.  I've been using Qobuz this way ever since the original fix in 2020. I use Linn Kazoo/Linn app to control and play Qobuz content etc. through Moode.

The package has never been included in moOde and user reports/tests indicate it's not needed.
Confusing...
Enjoy the Music!