Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

WIFI issues
Question 
Hi All,
I feel Moode Audio is a great audiophile player. I  use the Pi 3b with the Allo Boos Dac Version 1.2. All version of Moode 3.0 , the internal Wifi controller worked. When I went to Moode 4.0 and the Boos Dac 1.2, I could not get Wifi to work so i disabled wifi and used the edimax USB dongle and i used DHCP because I could not assign a static IP address. When I used Moode 4.1, I was able to use Wifi up till today. Now, I have to use the Edimax again. I have not touched either board as they are installed in a case, I am bewildered on why this is happening. Has anyone else experienced this scenario? if yes, , were you able to resolve it?

Liz
(04-21-2018, 01:57 AM)Lizard_King Wrote: Hi All,
I feel Moode Audio is a great audiophile player. I  use the Pi 3b with the Allo Boos Dac Version 1.2. All version of Moode 3.0 , the internal Wifi controller worked. When I went to Moode 4.0 and the Boos Dac 1.2, I could not get Wifi to work so i disabled wifi and used the edimax USB dongle and i used DHCP because I could not assign a static IP address. When I used Moode 4.1, I was able to use Wifi up till today. Now, I have to use the Edimax again. I have not touched either board as they are installed in a case, I am bewildered on why this is happening. Has anyone else experienced this scenario? if yes, , were you able to resolve it?

Liz

Hi,

I just posted a simuliar problem as yours,, where im using PI 2B + Allo Boss DAC version setup with a WIFI LinkSys adapter. The PI 2B does not have built in wifi reason i added the the adapter.

But have not tried different Moode since im new to this and the version is Moode4.1 moOde = Release 4.1 2018-04-02

If you still have this problem let me know, i will try other USB WIFI adapter to see since i have one working with Volumio , but on the other hand i prefer Moode once this solution works i will be a happy Moode user.

Another idea is to reconfigure the WIFI network files as recommended by PI org, that works good normally with the auto detect, the only issue is Moode Player overwrites the file due to DHCP config. in the web client.

regards
The message "wlan0 adapter does not exist" in moode log even though an adapter is physically present suggests a broken Build.

Which method did you select when you built moode 4.1?

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Hi, I am using Moode 4.1 on a RPi 2 with Edimax wifi dongle. Ideally, I would like to use RPi as wifi client TOO to run my internet TV. Do you think that is possible? I googled a little and found links like https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewt...?p=1207763, however, I am not expert enough to find the right lead.

Thanks in advance.

- Jordi
Hi,

I don't quite understand what you are trying to achieve.

Can you explain the usage scenario?

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Now using Moode 4.2 and I can use a static IP address using the internal RPI wifi adapter connected to the Verizon Router.
I've got a Raspberry PI 3. It's got wifi built in, and for a while it was working. I added the Allo BOSS DAC hat, and now, ifconfig reports wlan0 working, but I can't get in or out from the PI (locally via CLI). If I plug into ethernet, everything works. I can get to both IPs for ethernet and wifi. But as soon as I restart it, with no ethernet, the wifi reports a good IP address, but still no access in or out. Any ideas?