Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: V4.4 Spotify - track selection problems
It's no trouble really. Just a few commands and then like 7 hours later it finishes.

Here is the error when I try the downloaded zip of master or zip of a specific commit
Code:
pi@rp2:~/librespot-master $ cargo build --release --features alsa-backend
error: failed to open: /home/pi/librespot-master/target/release/.cargo-lock                            

Caused by:
Permission denied (os error 13)
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(02-22-2019, 08:34 PM)theengineer Wrote: Strange - worked like a charm for me.
And I do not envy you having to do the compilation on an RPi Zero.

In the meanwhile I would be glad if anybody finds a need for my binary:
Commit height = daeeeaa (Link to Github)
Built on RPi 3 (not compatible with RPi 1 & Zero)
Download Link

1. Copy the binary to your RPi (Filezilla / SCP)
  2. Disable the Spotify renderer service in the webinterface (Config --> Audio)
  3. Move the binary to /usr/local/bin/librespot
  4. Re-enable the renderer

Bump :-)
Enjoy the Music!
(02-22-2019, 08:47 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: It's no trouble really. Just a few commands and then like 7 hours later it finishes.

Here is the error when I try the downloaded zip of master or zip of a specific commit
Code:
pi@rp2:~/librespot-master $ cargo build --release --features alsa-backend
error: failed to open: /home/pi/librespot-master/target/release/.cargo-lock                            

Caused by:
Permission denied (os error 13)

@Tim Curtis 

I recall now you saw this earlier but I didn't with a git clone. I just tried downloading the current librespot-master.zip and then went to the build recipe.

Looks like this permissions conflict arises from

Code:
sudo unzip ./librespot-master-d2cadec.zip       <-- unzipped as root
cd ./librespot-master

cargo build --release --features alsa-backend   <-- compiling as user pi

I didn't have a problem before building from the cloned repo and I don't have a problem now building from the latest zip'ped repo (so far it's compiled 61 of 158 modules; slow even on an RPi3B+). In both cases I don't do anything as root until it's time to install the binary.

Regards,
Kent
Nice catch. That explains it :-)
Enjoy the Music!
And I can confirm @theengineer's report that this latest version of librespot works as expected.
Work perfect thank you
Could we have a Pi ZeroW binary of that newer librespot, please?

My daughter is a heavy user of Spotify, but her Pi is in Aberdeen while I am in London, I am not too keen on starting a 7 hours build remotely for her...

Thanks!

Her system:
  • Rotel RA-820BX Integrated amplifier - Recapped, new 3D printed button caps
  • Q Acoustics 3020i bookshelf speakers on stands
  • Raspberry Pi ZeroW - IQaudIO DAC - Moode 4.4
[Image: IMG_20181220_191542.jpg]
I build librespot using docker - it takes about 15 minutes in total, including building the image, and then compiling the binaries. Could this be extended to produce a Pi Zero version? Cross-compiling isn't something I know very much about.
https://github.com/librespot-org/libresp...-compiling

Once I have the binary, is it a simple case of copying it over the top of the existing one in the moode setup? Or is there more to it than that?
(02-25-2019, 09:22 AM)new_bloke Wrote: I build librespot using docker - it takes about 15 minutes in total, including building the image, and then compiling the binaries. Could this be extended to produce a Pi Zero version? Cross-compiling isn't something I know very much about.
https://github.com/librespot-org/libresp...-compiling

Once I have the binary, is it a simple case of copying it over the top of the existing one in the moode setup? Or is there more to it than that?

Yes, you can cross-compile in a variety of ways, but the path of least resistance is to "just do it" on an RPi0.

Once compiled, follow steps 2-4 of @theengineer's post.

Regards,
Kent
True - a guide for beginners would be great...
BTW would it be possible to include such major changes in an official update prior to a new version release?

Andreas