The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.34 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

WIFI IP address appears only with wired connection
So I'm a fan, and have built my second system around this OS. Thank you for all of this!

Second system I want to have as wifi only. Have looked for this issue on the forums, but don't find it.

Trying to configure - with my SSID on my router (DHCP) eth0 connection and DHCP wlan0 enabled I get an IP address on the network config screen. Can ping the wlan0 on my network, but it does not appear when I try to do a device discovery on my android (using WiFiman).

Have tried blank (AP mode active) and it shows 172.24.1.1 - but can't connect with http://172.24.1.1 on android.

Have tried my SSID on my router. As long as my eth0 is on strangely both IP addresses show up as wired connections on my router (192.168.1.23 - wired, and .17 - wireless on Moode network config screen, but shows as wired on router connected devices).

I can disconnect eth0 and can no longer ping either address. (strangely the wifi connection functionally existed for a little while on my android)

Plug back in my ethernet cable and both .23 and .17 reappear on connected devices list, both as wired connections.

Is there some other setting that is interacting with wifi that I need to know about?

Latest version of the Raspere Pi 3 Model B, Moode audio 4.4  

USB connected SATA hard drive, but let's just worry about getting radio to play. (Wired everything works).

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,

Jerry

Messages In This Thread
WIFI IP address appears only with wired connection - by jkorten - 02-19-2019, 03:50 PM