Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

WIFI IP address appears only with wired connection
(02-19-2019, 04:04 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: If you want WiFi only configuration then Eth0 should be set to DHCP, WiFi can be either DHCP or STATIC. After saving the Network config power off, remove Ethernet cable, then power up.

If you get a successful WiFi connection then open System config and tuen "Wait for eth0 address" off. It will trim 10 secs off of the boot sequence.

Hello Tim,

Thanks for taking the time to look at my problem. I did as you told, both ways, applying and power cycling each time.

Alas if I configure wlan0 to static and put in address and pw for router - it shows that the WIFI is "Not in use" on restart.

If I configure wlan0 as DHCP and shut down, power off and power on, it shows an IP address. And my wifi router shows both IP addresses on the Raspberry Pi as "wired" connections. It is as if my wifi has been aliased to a second virtual connection over the same ethernet port. BTW the wifi router shows no connections if I disconnect the RJ45 port cable.

Very strange.

J

Messages In This Thread
RE: WIFI IP address appears only with wired connection - by jkorten - 02-19-2019, 09:38 PM