Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Bluetooth Connection, MPD Error, Auto-Reconnect
Hello,

first off all, sorry for my bad english!

I recently set up MoodeAudio 4.4. 
Everything works fine for me. Could not find any error for my purpose so far.

However, there is something that bothers me with the Bluetooth connection.

If the Bluetooth connection is, so far everything works well. Cancels, however, the Bluetooth connection, for example, that the battery is empty, or just the speaker is turned off. Then there is always an MPD error. I understand this mistake, and understand why this error is coming up.

However, it´s very difficult, when the speaker is charged / turned on, then it takes quite a while until the connection is back, or you have to scan the speaker and pair it again. 

Is there maybe a solution here?

It would be nice if the connection is automatically reconnect, and then it just goes on with the music.

I have Raspberry Pi and Bluetooth Speaker in 2 different rooms.

Means, turn on speaker, run in the other room, and start everything again.

Is not a problem for me .. My wife will never accept that.

I just listen to Internet radio streams, it would be great for me, if just as soon as the speaker is available again, the music continues to run.

Maybe there is something in the settings, and I just do not find it, or maybe it's a bug ... Maybe that's not possible?

Thanks for the help!
(01-11-2019, 08:43 AM)wusa88 Wrote: Hello,

first off all, sorry for my bad english!

I recently set up MoodeAudio 4.4. 
Everything works fine for me. Could not find any error for my purpose so far.

However, there is something that bothers me with the Bluetooth connection.

If the Bluetooth connection is, so far everything works well. Cancels, however, the Bluetooth connection, for example, that the battery is empty, or just the speaker is turned off. Then there is always an MPD error. I understand this mistake, and understand why this error is coming up.

However, it´s very difficult, when the speaker is charged / turned on, then it takes quite a while until the connection is back, or you have to scan the speaker and pair it again. 

Is there maybe a solution here?

It would be nice if the connection is automatically reconnect, and then it just goes on with the music.

I have Raspberry Pi and Bluetooth Speaker in 2 different rooms.

Means, turn on speaker, run in the other room, and start everything again.

Is not a problem for me .. My wife will never accept that.

I just listen to Internet radio streams, it would be great for me, if just as soon as the speaker is available again, the music continues to run.

Maybe there is something in the settings, and I just do not find it, or maybe it's a bug ... Maybe that's not possible?

Thanks for the help!
hi,
I have had the same problem. See my thread:
http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=845

As tou can see, currently it is not possible to solve the problem.

Stan
It´is not every time, that i have to reconnect manually, but the most time of it. 
But every time the connection is lost, i have to restart the currently playing radio stream. Especially at the moring. 
One of my bluetooth speaker does not turn into a sleep mode. but the batterie drain is to much over night. There is just 1 morning i can listen to my music. next day the batterie is emty. 
another bluetooth speaker turns into sleep mode after i think 10-15min (jbl go)
here is the same problem. i cant turn it on and the music is automaticly playing. 

Maybe this one is possible in other versions. i think there is a feature request for the developer. 

is it not possible to install a query, if the bluetooth speaker is available, play the last music... else, wait for it?

another solution could be. if bluetooth speaker is not available, stop mpd and wait for bluetooth speaker. if bluetooth speaker is on again, start mpd.
This could be a solution, that mpd dont run into any error. so mpd just have to stop.
There's a polling routine in moOde that is used to detect BT connections but it's not used when MPD output is set to "Bluetooth" but I think it could adapted for your usage scenario. For example my Anker Bluetooth speaker automatically reconnects when its turned on and I agree that having auto-play would be nice.

I'll add "Auto-play on Bluetooth reconnect" to the TODO list

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Is there anything now?

Do you have a public todo list, or only one for you privately?
It's not getting any priority since it appears that most BT speakers auto-reconnect reliably.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub