Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Multicast DNS (mDNS) discovery
(03-08-2019, 04:45 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:
(03-08-2019, 03:46 PM)fabnavigator Wrote: I'm using the "node-red-node-discovery" node in the Node-RED application.  The node description is that it "Provides a Bonjour / Avahi / Zeroconf discovery node".

As far as I can tell, neither the Linux avahi-browse application used in moOde for player discovery nor the mDNS discovery apps on my Android phone add any ornamentation to the hostname strings they report.

Looks like you need to explore the documentation and code for node-red-node-discovery.

You can play with avahi-browse from the CLI in moOde to see what services are being offered on your LAN. Compare them with what you see in node-red-node-discovery.

Regards,
Kent
I did that and below is what I got back for moOde systems. The duplicates seem to be for IPv4 and IPv6. But, where does the "-2" come from? My host name in moOde config doesn't include the "-2".

$ avahi-browse -at

+   eth0 IPv6 moOde audio player: master-bathroom-2         Web Site             local
+   eth0 IPv4 moOde audio player: master-bathroom-2         Web Site             local
+   eth0 IPv6 master-bathroom-2                             Remote Disk Management local
+   eth0 IPv4 master-bathroom-2                             Remote Disk Management local

Messages In This Thread
Multicast DNS (mDNS) discovery - by fabnavigator - 03-03-2019, 12:19 PM
RE: Multicast DNS (mDNS) discovery - by fabnavigator - 03-08-2019, 05:33 PM