Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: What is the right way to tag tracks from a compilation album?
Hi - I'm pretty new to Moode, and am digging it overall. However, this one issue has me a bit flummoxed.

How are tags from compilation albums supposed to be tagged?

I had one album with the Artist tag set to the performer of the particular track. In the Genre/Artist/Album view, this showed one Album entry for each track, with the name of the album repeated. Every individual artist per track is listed in the Artist pane.

So, with the kid3 tag editor, I added the AlbumArtist tag to each track, re-gen'ed the MDB database, cleared the library tag cache, and... it is still the same. 

Any suggestions?
There are various approaches but what i do is below.

- All albums: leave the Artist tag set to the actual artist
- Non-compilation albums: also set the AlbumArtist tag to the actual artist
- Compilation albums: set the AlbumArtist tag to the string "Various Artists"
- moOde Customize screen:
   - set "Artist list ordering" to Album Artist
   - set "Compilation rollup" to No

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Thanks Tim! I didn't notice the "Customize" menu before. Changing the "Artist list ordering" option did the trick. "Compilation rollup" was already set to No.

I don't think I have the AlbumArtist tag set on most tracks, but it looks like Moode is handling it properly.
Where do I find the "Customize" Menu?
Al the Library settings were moved to the Library Config screen.
Enjoy the Music!
Ah. Seems those 2 settings no longer exist then?
They are not needed anymore because the new Library loader automatically groups Albums by Artist or AlbumArtist, whichever is populated. Compilation albums though have to be tagged correctly as I explained in post #2.
Enjoy the Music!
Redacted
(09-20-2019, 06:29 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: They are not needed anymore because the new Library loader automatically groups Albums by Artist or AlbumArtist, whichever is populated. Compilation albums though have to be tagged correctly as I explained in post #2.
Copy that. Thank you!
I'm not sure what your issue is.

The (i) help in Library options explain the sorts and compilation identifier..
Enjoy the Music!