Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Thread Closed 
moOde 5 Beta 1
Hi,

Welcome to the moOde 5 Beta 1 program :-)

The Beta 1 image and sources can be downloaded using the links below.

ISO image: MD5 (moode-r50c-116.zip) = 0dbcaa5d4ee98b9728e8306226212d41
https://github.com/moode-player/test/rel...0c-116.zip
Sources
https://github.com/moode-player/test/rel...0c-116.zip

Patch 1
Code:
cd /home/pi
wget http://moodeaudio.org/test/moode-r50c-116-patch1.zip
unzip -q moode-r50c-116-patch1.zip
sudo cp -r ./www/* /var/www
rm moode-r50c-116-patch1.zip
rm -rf ./www
sudo reboot

Post all bug reports, questions  and comments to this thread.

Usage notes:

moOde 5 is designed around a Playbar based UI. The Playbar appears in the Library and on Mobile when scrolling to the Playlist. The Library includes four views: Radio, Folder, Tag and Album making it easy to find and select music. Play can be controlled entirely from the Library via the Playbar.

1) Switching between the Library+Playbar and full screen Playback panels is accomplished by clicking the cover art or the up/down chevron icons located in the middle of the Playbar and Header. Switching or show/hide CoverView should be instantaneous.

2) A new "Appearance" popup replaces the old "Customize" popup and the Library display options that previously were on Customize have been moved to the new Library Config screen.

3) MPD "single" toggle has been removed and the "consume" toggle has been moved to the new ellipsis context menu.

4) Audio config contains some new settings in the MPD section including "MPD version" and "HTTP streaming". 

- The default version of MPD in moOde 5 beta is 0.21.5 but this version does not output to Bluetooth speakers due to bug in either MPD 0.21 series or bluez-alsa. It's currently being investigated. To stream to Bluetooth speakers select MPD 0.20.20.
- The HTTP streaming feature makes MPD output available on a designated port over HTTP. The default port is 8000. The stream can be encoded using either FLAC at compression level 0 (fastest, least compression) or LAME (MP3) at 320 kbps.

5) Radio station logos can now be added when a new station is created. New stations are assigned  a SQL row id beginning at 500.

6) The Parametric and Graphic equalizers have been redesigned and implemented as slider based UI's. The parametric EQ also includes precise +/- or direct numeric input. Airplay and Spotify renderers now support the EQ's.

7) Latest version of Spotify Connect and MPD are included

Refer to the release notes below for more information.
Code:
########################################################
//
// 5.0 2019-MM-DD
//
########################################################

New features

- NEW: Adaptive UI version 5 with Playbar
- NEW: User added radio station logos
- NEW: Redesigned Graphic and Parametric EQ's
- NEW: EQ support in Airplay and Spotify
- NEW: HTTP streaming server for MPD
- NEW: Alpha index scroll for Library
- NEW: MPD 0.21 series (0.21.5)
- NEW: Moode utility command (moodeutl)

Audio Devices

- NEW: HiFiBerry Amp2
- NEW: HiFiBerry Beocreate
- NEW: HiFiBerry MiniAmp
- NEW: HiFiBerry DAC Zero
- NEW: HiFiBerry DAC+ ADC
- NEW: HiFiBerry DAC+ DSP

Radio station updates

- NEW: JB Radio 2 USA (320K)
- UPD: Czech Radio Classical 256K, stream link
- UPD: Folk Radio UK changed to Radionomy
- UPD: KUVO 89.3 FM Denver, stream link
- UPD: KUVO HD2 - Jazz with Bob Parlocha, stream link
- DEL: EuropaRadioJazz - 88.3 Smooth Jazz HD
- DEL: EuropaRadioJazz - The Sound of Jazz
- DEL: The Finest Amsterdam
- DEL: Radio X Brussels
- DEL: Rock Radio 1
- DEL: Somehow Jazz

Updates

- UPD: Bump to Linux kernel 4.14.92
- UPD: Bump to librespot 2019-02-22 commit: daeeeaa
- UPD: Freshen the Config pages
- UPD: Streamline bgimage processing
- UPD: Catch json data errors from engineMpd
- UPD: Reduce debug log clutter
- UPD: Add "comment" tag to adv search
- UPD: Deprecate Airplay auto-volume
- UPD: Add "interpolation" to Airplay config
- UPD: Replace avprobe with mediainfo
- UPD: Remove restriction on NAS config Name
- UPD: Move Save PL and Set Favs to context menu
- UPD: Wrap to first PL item when skip from last
- UPD: Chg wifi country Britain (UK) to United Kingdom (UK)
- UPD: Revert to manual reboot for FS expand
- UPD: Add quotes to cifs userid in mount
- UPD: Deprecate manual "Tab default" setting
- UPD: Deprecate /var/local/www/cssw,jsw,templatesw
- UPD: Deprecate /var/www/themes

Bug fixes

- FIX: Mobile timeline unnecessary updates
- FIX: Corner case for 0 handling in duration
- FIX: Default cover width in Lib (Chrome only)
- FIX: Time knob sometimes not resizing

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
On the audio config page when selecting "Edit Options"  there is a brief screen flicker and no options are presented...

This is a continuing interoperability problem with Firefox (possibly only on Ubuntu ?) which has open bug reports for 'Expand Filesystem' and Piano 2.1 options menus not opening.

Seems that whatever new coding used to 'pop-up' the 'Edit Options' may be a clue to this problem ??

Meanwhile the workaround is use another browser...Chromium works.
----------
bob
moOde is not coded for any particular Browser and generally works perfectly on a wide variety of Browsers but Firefox has always been problematic. Even way back in the moOde 1.x days there were reports of issues on Firefox.
Enjoy the Music!
The '3 dot in a circle' menu on radio view is sometimes lost in the logo..especially where the logo background is white and the logo has black image at the dots position....AncientFM is an example....

The HTTP streaming is just great ! an excellent addition.
----------
bob
A small percentage of cover images will result in the ellipsis icon blending a bit too well but for the most part it should be readily visible. If we made it completely opaque it would be way too pronounced :-0
Enjoy the Music!
Tim, I have found the Firefox setting that is responsible for the above noted errors... Smile 

Edit... false alarm... not fixed...disregard...
----------
bob
In normal play mode: when a song is playing and you press the "next" button within 2-3 seconds of the start of the song, the same song is started again, so fast forwarding between different songs is not possible, you always have to wait a few seconds.

Update: Solved with patch from Tim
 :@
(03-08-2019, 01:55 AM)JST1963 Wrote: In normal play mode: when a song is playing and you press the "next" button within 2-3 seconds of the start of the song, the same song is started again, so fast forwarding between different songs is not possible, you always have to wait a few seconds.

Curious, I'm not seeing this behavior playing either radio stations or NAS tracks.

Hardware: RPi3B+, BT Headphones, WiFi-to-router-to-ethernet-to-NAS.

Regards,
Kent

[Post edit] By BT Headphones, I mean a Creative Technology BT400 USB-Bluetooth adapter driving my Sennheiser headphones, not the RPi-internal BT adapter.
1st findings:
01. Downloading from Github: horrible....I dowload 22GB movies 2 times faster than this 1.1GB zip file...
02. Writing to 16GB Sandisk Ultra µSD card: 5:10 minutes
03. Booting up for the 1st time: was to late to time it but my guess it was less than 30 seconds.
04. Configuring the system: something that annoyed me from the beginning (first versions of moOde) but never mentioned it, is that sometimes you need to press a "set" button, right next to the option, and sometimes you need to press a "Save" button" at the top, to confirm what you changed.
05. When you exit the MPD congig screen, you should stay in the "Audio" config screen.
06. Speed of switching from and to coverview: thank you!!! (no more annoying popup window in the top right corner.
07. Folder view: scroll bar covers ABC-selection possibilities
08. Folder view: to get the menu, you need to click on the symbol in front of the song-info. Clicking on the song should also show the menu. Clicking anywhere on the screen also pops up the menu but that is annoying because you sometimes don't even see for which song the menu is called...
09. Folder view: playbar => great option, I love it
10. Library view: something's wrong with the ABC selection bars... For instance in the "Genre" section, I have an "A" but there is no genre starting with "A". This is also the case for "Artists". The inverse is also true: I'm missing letters for Artists I do have. As an example, I have Dire Straits, but the "D" is missing in the list of the alphabet...
11. Auto-Shuffle Filter: would love to have a dropdownbox with all options
12. When Volume Control is set at "Disabled", moving th ecursor over the "0dB" still shows you the "Mute toggle" text. Either you show this text, and then clicking on it also works (my pref) or you don't show the text at all...
13. In play mode: when clicking on the "next" button withing 3-4-5 seconds of the start of the song, restarts the same song again. clicking again moves to the next song. Correct way would be: click on the next button, proceed to the next song directly.
14. It Looks like "Consume" mode is disabled after each song. Update: cache cleared: OK now

15. …..

Update: Most of these items are solved with patch from Tim
(03-08-2019, 02:39 AM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:
(03-08-2019, 01:55 AM)JST1963 Wrote: In normal play mode: when a song is playing and you press the "next" button within 2-3 seconds of the start of the song, the same song is started again, so fast forwarding between different songs is not possible, you always have to wait a few seconds.

Curious, I'm not seeing this behavior playing either radio stations or NAS tracks.

Hardware: RPi3B+, BT Headphones, WiFi-to-router-to-ethernet-to-NAS.

Regards,
Kent

[Post edit] By BT Headphones, I mean a Creative Technology BT400 USB-Bluetooth adapter driving my Sennheiser headphones, not the RPi-internal BT adapter.

Kent,

Strange… 
Songs are on a Synology NAS. Mixture of FLAC and MP3. 
Try the following: click on the next button in a ritme of 1 click per second. If I do that, I have the following sequence:
song 1, song 1, song 2, song 2, song 3, song 3....

Johan