Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

New feature v 5 HTTP streaming
(03-15-2019, 01:50 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: Disappointingly, my go-to media playback tool VLC in Android sez it's unable to open the stream no matter the encoding or the patch level.

Regards,
Kent

Weird, I can use VLC on my Android phone… (VLC 3.0.13)
And it works so good that I have a different stream than the moOde player it self. So the music coming out of my Katana is different from the music coming out of my phone….awesome…

Johan
 :@
@TheOldPresbyope

LG 30V using chrome or firefox web browsers. I have not tried vlc but will do later today.

FYI - I appreciate the advisory caution you posted of few days back. I have a paid vpn service which to date only used on my MAC but found out I can install on the Pi as well.
(03-15-2019, 07:29 PM)JST1963 Wrote:
(03-15-2019, 01:50 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: Disappointingly, my go-to media playback tool VLC in Android sez it's unable to open the stream no matter the encoding or the patch level.

Regards,
Kent

Weird, I can use VLC on my Android phone… (VLC 3.0.13)
And it works so good that I have a different stream than the moOde player it self. So the music coming out of my Katana is different from the music coming out of my phone….awesome…

Johan

My bad. I forgot I have to tell VLC what protocol explicitly. 

I was absentmindedly entering just '<ip-address>:8000' instead of 'http://<ip-address>:8000' 

VLC in Android working too.

Regards,
Kent
Hm, whenever i try to use MP3 format my browsers say:
no data sent
ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

@JST1963
Can you please explain how you got sound output with M.A.L.P.? I added the stream URL to my server profile and switched on the feature. But 'Activate streaming' in menu does nothing except adding a symbol to the status bar. Web browser access does work.

MoOde 5.0c-120
(03-18-2019, 10:27 PM)deafnut Wrote: @JST1963
Can you please explain how you got sound output with M.A.L.P.? I added the stream URL to my server profile and switched on the feature. But 'Activate streaming' in menu does nothing except adding a symbol to the status bar. Web browser access does work.

MoOde 5.0c-120

Deafnut,

Here are some screenshots of my phone running M.A.L.P.
The first picture shows you my profile settings.
Once they are set correctly, open up a song and click on the 3 dots on the top right.
In the menu that pops up, click the start streaming option.
A few seconds later the music on your phone LS will start (how to control the volume needs to be set in the "App settings" of M.A.L.P.
Make sure your moOde player is running (and playing a song) as well, otherwise it won't work.

That's it.

Johan
 :@
Thank you. I tried exactly the same.
The point was, it does not work with FLAC encoding. And when MP3 encoding is used, SOX resampling (32/176.4 here) is not allowed. Without any error messages (from the app) my brain took a little longer.  Blush
(03-10-2019, 09:00 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Btw, I've changed the default encoder for the HTTP stream to LAME instead of FLAC. This is for max compatibility with 3rd party players. iTunes for example won't play FLAC encoded streams...

Hello Tim,

this is my first post on the forum. I've been using moodeaudio for a couple of months now and i'm quite happy with it!

Congratulations for making such a software it's remarquable! Cool Cool Cool Cool

Just a small question: would there be any way of synchronizing the time for playing the music?

even better: have an option to have the default primary music source for a moodeaudio setup be such an URL, so that setup is one time and really easy Smile

this would make the really best cheapest multi room system availble out there Smile

for now i notice some small time gaps depending on which device / connectivity I'm using ^^ (android box - LAN connection vs laptop vs ipad vs android phone)

+ upon resuming it resumes where it paused so there is a gap between emission and transmission.

I also noted that bluetooth streams and airplay streams cannot be forwarded. i imagine there's a reason for that but it would also be a big plus if it weren't Smile

Would that be possible?

what can i do to help?

Thanks and have a great sunday!
To do multi-room synchronized audio correctly would require that some developer create a plugin for MPD itself that provides the core functionality to stream the locally playing audio from MPD to remote MPD hosts and to maintain time sync between local and remote audio so that all audio is to-the-ear in sync.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(10-12-2019, 10:33 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: To do multi-room synchronized audio correctly would require that some developer create a plugin for MPD itself that provides the core functionality to stream the locally playing audio from MPD to remote MPD hosts and to maintain time sync between local and remote audio so that all audio is to-the-ear in sync.

-Tim

does this qualify as a plugin or is this "Too much"?

https://github.com/badaix/snapcast
It's not a plugin for MPD but rather a separate audio playback system. It requires that MPD dump its raw audio output into a fifo pipe that it then reads and redistributes to its player endpoints.

I don't know how reliable this fifo pipe based architecture would be and there would need to be a UI for controlling playback and volume for the endpoints.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub