Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Orchard Audio PecanPi DAC
Hi,

Please check out our latest offering:
www.orchardaudio.com/pecanpi

It is fully supported in moOde using the RPI-DAC driver/overlay.
I have tried it and confirm to work.

Regards;
Leo
How do you like them apples?
www.orchardaudio.com
(03-10-2019, 03:21 AM)orchardaudio Wrote: Hi,

Regards;
Leo
I really like the look of this one, I brought the applepi dac and to me it sounds great but have itchy fingers for this one, the only thing that will save me from buying it is the cost of importing from the usOFa!
(03-10-2019, 01:53 PM)Djsedaw Wrote:
(03-10-2019, 03:21 AM)orchardaudio Wrote: Hi,

Regards;
Leo
I really like the look of this one, I brought the applepi dac and to me it sounds great but have itchy fingers for this one, the only thing that will save me from buying it is the cost of importing from the usOFa!
We like the look of this HAT DAC... but we don't understand why there's no indication on the DAC chip and the chip solutions for power regulation and the signal output. Probably because we've been spoiled by ALLO.COM with a huge amount of info regarding their past and present audio digital solutions. Openess creates ease of communication and understanding.

The audio Raspberry Pi is a quite 'crowded' sector. The BOSS DAC and the Khadas Tone Board DACs are the obvious options for the lower priced solutions while the KATANA DAC has established itself the obvious choice in the $250 price range. Strangely enough the PecanPi DAC is priced (after a reduction) in the same price range as the KATANA. Which would be the DAC chosen by the discerning buyer from the North American continent to be his/her next purchase out of these two HAT DACs both manufactured in North America...?
I will be adding the information you are looking shortly.
www.orchardaudio.com
Implementation Details:
  • DAC Chips:  
    • Dual flagship Burr-Brown PCM1794As in monaural mode
  • Digital HW Volume Control and Re-clocking
    • Crystek CCHD-575 oscillator -- ultra low clock jitter of 82fSec
    • SRC4193 for volume control
  • Output stage: True balanced dual different output stages
    • Uses OPA1612s
    • Low Noise Panasonic Resistors
    • Proprietary filtering topology
  • Ultra low noise analog power supplies
    • TPS7A4700 (4.17uV noise) for positive op-amp power supply
    • TPS7A3301 (16uV noise) for negative op-amp power supply
    • TPS7A4901 (15.4uV noise) for DAC Chips
  • Headphone driver:
www.orchardaudio.com
Hi moOde fans,
 :@
[/quote]
Dear Leo,

I understand you are promoting this new device, cuz you are probably part of their marketing structure.
I guess the simplest way to have the most effect on your promo-tour is to send one or more of these devices (free of charge of course) to the guys behind this forum, so that they can test it out thoroughly.
We, as forum users, have more confidence in what Tim & Co have to say about this, than some unknown person, who claims this product is top notch (according to the price).
I bought myself a Katana a few month ago, not because Allo announced it in some audio magazine, but because this forum had only positive feedback about it.

Johan
[/quote]

I have been asked to send devices by a lot of people and I have to prioritize where they go.

Currently I have 3 devices shipped to reviewers. Once these devices are returned to me I can provide one of them to Tim & Co as long as they return it to me. My policy is not to give away devices to reviewers because it would almost have the effect of buying them off.

Also there is at least one user on this forum, Djsedaw (they posted above) that have the previous generation device that they are very happy with, lets see if they would be willing to share additional feedback.
www.orchardaudio.com
https://orchardaudio.com/shop?olsPage=pr...pcnp-strmr

When you select moode software, the price increases by 100 dollar, it's an error right ?
(03-10-2019, 07:06 PM)TookaFace Wrote: https://orchardaudio.com/shop?olsPage=pr...pcnp-strmr

When you select moode software, the price increases by 100 dollar, it's an error right ?

That is not an error because moOde takes a much longer time to install than the other options. So the software is free but I am charging for the additional time involved with setting it up.

You can purchase the the PecanPi DAC option and then assemble and install software yourself.
www.orchardaudio.com
Do I understand correctly that you are charging your customers $100 for the five minutes it takes to burn a moOde image to an SDCard?
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub