Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: Can't reconnect, delete or create NAS
Hi,

Having a bit of an issue. Was resetting up static IP addresses after having to reset my router and now moode can no longer connect to my NAS. The NAS is on the network and I'm able to access it on a windows laptop and with the file manager I use on my phone. Even though the IP of the NAS has changed I was using the host name in settings.

When i go in to source settings I can see my NAS isnt connected but doing anything, remount, delete, create etc all just hang with chrome showing 'Waiting for my.ip.address'.

Ive had a look in /etc/fstab and there are no mounts listed, does moode put the info here or is there another way that it does it?

Ive had a look through some of the logs and don't see anything, unusual but I'm no linux expert
moode.log
syslog

Have just noticed the chrome displaying 'Waiting for my.ip.address' and not doing anything happens when i try to make any changes to any settings

Cheers
Hi,
Start with simple debug, have you access to the computer where moode is installed ? ssh access ? if yes, what is the ip address of your computer and your NAS ?
Is ping is working between them ? what did you see on /mnt/NAS on moode audio computer ? Do you have on another computer on your network to test the smb shares ?
(05-20-2018, 01:40 PM)cjward23 Wrote: Hi,

Having a bit of an issue. Was resetting up static IP addresses after having to reset my router and now moode can no longer connect to my NAS. The NAS is on the network and I'm able to access it on a windows laptop and with the file manager I use on my phone. Even though the IP of the NAS has changed I was using the host name in settings.

When i go in to source settings I can see my NAS isnt connected but doing anything, remount, delete, create etc all just hang with chrome showing 'Waiting for my.ip.address'.

Ive had a look in /etc/fstab and there are no mounts listed, does moode put the info here or is there another way that it does it?

Ive had a look through some of the logs and don't see anything, unusual but I'm no linux expert
moode.log
syslog

Have just noticed the chrome displaying 'Waiting for my.ip.address' and not doing anything happens when i try to make any changes to any settings

Cheers

Hi,

Reboot and post the entire moode log and I'll have a look.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(05-20-2018, 08:21 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(05-20-2018, 01:40 PM)cjward23 Wrote: Hi,

moode.log
syslog

Cheers

Hi,

Reboot and post the entire moode log and I'll have a look.

-Tim
Hi Tim,

I have now done a clean install, which I was trying to avoid as I only recently completed my final moode setup, all enclosed with a full set of media controls and display, took me about 6 hours to get it all working again (I now have a back up of my sdcard).

Thanks for the offer of trouble shooting, after discovering that it wasnt just NAS selection that was unresponsive and it was all system options, I got frustrated and went for the extreme fix.

Thanks again, I'm really enjoying moOde and follow development closely and look forward to future releases.

Cheers
Chris