Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

moOde 5 and HiFiBerry DAC+ ADC
Hello Tim.

Will the parametric equalizer be active for the output when the analog input is chosen?

I’m trying to figure out a way to feed frequency sweep from my laptop from Room EQ Wizard to the RPi and then measure frequency response with my Umik-1 microphone.

Would be nice to able to verify the EQ adjustments by actually measuring it.
moOde is configured for only MPD, Airplay and Spotify to output through the EQ's. The ADC boards do the audio routing internally and so there is no way that I know of to re-route the incoming audio to the EQ.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(04-23-2020, 08:34 PM)Morde Wrote: Hello Tim.

Will the parametric equalizer be active for the output when the analog input is chosen?

I’m trying to figure out a way to feed frequency sweep from my laptop from Room EQ Wizard to the RPi and then measure frequency response with my Umik-1 microphone.

Would be nice to able to verify the EQ adjustments by actually measuring it.

Could you not record the frequency sweeps and use moode to play them back? Does Room EQ wizard except recorded input as well as live input from the microphone?
(12-26-2019, 11:59 PM)Humus Wrote:
(09-06-2019, 09:37 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: The input is managed by the DAC. moOde just sends the command to switch the DAC to Analog input. I suppose moOde could poll for no audio output and then automatically swap from Analog-in back to Local output (MPD, renderers) but this is something that does not seem to be generally applicable. It would be up to user to do this coding.

Hi Tim,

I just acquired said DAC because I want to be able to connect my TV to the line-in, connect my amp to the RCA.
What I want to achieve is: Set the "source select" of moOde to "analogue input" as default so the TV is running in pass-through to my amp.
As soon as I connect to the Spotify Connect service and start playing a song ==> switch source to Local (MPD)
As soon as I stop the song or disconnect from the Spotify Connect service ==> switch source back to "analogue input"

Same for airplay, same for radio, same for basically all moOde playback functions Smile

If I understand correct there are pre- post scripts for Spotify and Airplay (spotevent.sh  spspost.sh  spspre.sh). So I reckon I could use these to switch the source select from local MPD to analoge input.

However I have no idea how to actualy send the command to the DAC to do the actual switching. How did you manage to achieve this? Or what should I invoke to do the switching? 

(and the above would solve the problem for spotify and airplay, but not for all the other functionality :'( 

Thanks a lot for helping a total noob out here! (Or point me in the right direction)

How did you get on with this? What you've described is exactly the use-case I'm trying to set up Cool
I hope I am not breaking protocol by bumping this ancient thread.

But I just got a Hifiberry DAC+ADC and was wondering if this functionality carried through to Moode 8.
Yes. If there are any issues just post back. I have one of the devices and so would be able to repro any oddities that may occur.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub