Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

moOde 5.0 RC1 In-Place Update
(04-07-2019, 09:21 PM)jonners Wrote: You can't update from 4.4. You need to download and install Moode 5.0 RC1, and then update if you want the latest version.

I keep a lot of music files on the SD card, so I can use them locally when I do not have Internet access. Every time there is a new version, I will have to redo the image file and then recopy all those music files back on to the SD? As well as recover all the configuration and tweaks I've made to the current version?

I assume you can just update through the 5.X versions? And, redo the image files on the X.0 versions?
To avoid this issue in future, it's better to have your music files on a separate SD card in a USB adapter.
For sure. Storing music on the boot medium is never recommended. The easiest to to use a micro USB drive for example a Sandisk Ultra Fit https://www.sandisk.com/home/usb-flash/ultra-fit which supports capacities up to 256GB.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
First off, hats off for the latest release. Looking very polished!

Quick question: when favouriting a track the heart icon turns red for a moment but then reverts back to normal. Is this behaviour intended or is the heart supposed to stay lit? Right now it's hard to keep track of which songs are in the favourites playlist without checking manually.
Hi,

The Heart icon just pulses to indicate the favorited item has been added to the Favorites playlist. A popup message also appears.

I'm not sure what you mean by "keeping track" of which items have been favorited. Currently you would need to open the Favorites playlist to see whats been added.

Is there another approach?
Enjoy the Music!
(04-08-2019, 02:37 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Hi,

The Heart icon just pulses to indicate the favorited item has been added to the Favorites playlist. A popup message also appears.

I'm not sure what you mean by "keeping track" of which items have been favorited. Currently you would need to open the Favorites playlist to see whats been added.

Is there another approach?

Thanks for the prompt reply.

How about when you click the heart it lights up red, the track gets added to the Favourites playlist, the heart stays red and a flag is set. Next time the track plays it would be obvious you favourited it before and you don't add it again. 

If you were going to spend dev time to this, then might I make the following 2 suggestions:
- in an album's track list there could be a column for the "loved" status of a track
- last.fm integration (favouriting a track on moode adds it to loved tracks on last.fm)
(04-08-2019, 09:24 AM)jonners Wrote: To avoid this issue in future, it's better to have your music files on a separate SD card in a USB adapter.

What about the opposite, having the boot image on the USB adapter and the music files on the SD card in the PI. Would that work? I say this because the way I have my setup, it is a pain to get the SD card out (7" display, PI, Justboom DAC, case).

I did get the new version up and running fine on my other PI, for testing purposes.
Yes, thats possible. Open System config and scroll down to USB boot to determine whether it's already enabled or can be enabled.

IIRC boot times can be longer, performance in some cases not a good as SDCard and not all brands of USB storage devices will work.

For reference.
https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentatio...des/msd.md
Enjoy the Music!
(04-08-2019, 04:37 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Yes, thats possible. Open System config and scroll down to USB boot to determine whether it's already enabled or can be enabled.

IIRC boot times can be longer, performance in some cases not a good as SDCard and not all brands of USB storage devices will work.

For reference.
https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentatio...des/msd.md

Thanks. I have the new version playing, as I said, on my test PI and it sounds great, even with Bluetooth. And, I like the new design choices you made. Wonderful job.
Thanks and much appreciated by the moOde crew! Cred to @swizzle for the new super responsive design :-)
Enjoy the Music!