Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Article in "ARTIST" sort
I'm not sure what "sort the artists correctly" means. Does that mean
  • Dave Brubeck
  • Dave Matthews

or
  • Brubeck, Dave
  • Matthews, Dave
I think like an encyclopedist and would tend toward the latter but it does look a bit odd when interleaved with the names of these artists' groups
  • Brubeck, Dave
  • (The) Dave Brubeck Quartet
  • (The) Dave Matthews Band
  • Matthews, Dave
Then there's "The Artist Formerly Known as Prince" which kinda works no matter what  Tongue

I like ignoring the leading "the" and "a" in a sort and think making it possible to specify the list of such "noise" words would be useful.

I don't think there's a single scheme which will suit everyone's taste. Even if we take advantage of the sort fields available in metadata (MPD's artist/artistsort, for example) there's the likelihood that some tracks in a collection will not have been completely tagged with the result that we might see
  • Brubeck, Dave
  • Dave Brubeck
  • (The) Dave Brubeck Quartet
  • Dave Matthews
  • (The) Dave Matthews Band
  • Matthews, Dave

Just my 2-cents worth.

Regards,
Kent
Bottom line is that the majority of major player software ignores articles by default and many offer it as an on/off option or in some cases for example JRiver IIRC they provide a method of specifying article tokens in an XML file or something like that.

Since its a relatively easy enhancement and there have been several requests for also allowing non-English article excludes I'm inclined to just implement it for 5.0 and put control in the users hands :-)

Same with the ArtistSort and AlbumSort tags. It's a trivial enhancement and for those users that have or want to populate these tags, moOde will automatically use them in place of Artist/AlbumArtist and Album. I'm assuming that these tags are meant to be global overrides for the Artist/AlbumArtist and Album tags.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Quote:I'm assuming that these tags are meant to be global overrides for the Artist/AlbumArtist and Album tags.

I concur.
(04-08-2019, 03:51 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:
Quote:I'm assuming that these tags are meant to be global overrides for the Artist/AlbumArtist and Album tags.

I concur.

That’s how I assume it’s meant as well, though maybe for non-sorted list display (e.g. the play queue) you’re meant to use the regular Artist/AlbumArtist and Album?
Right, the play queue is not sorted by moOde. When items are initially added MPD just adds them in Track order. The Artist, Album, Title etc tags are used.
Enjoy the Music!
Okay,
well understood, I'll try to find my happiness elsewhere

thanks for reading me, but not understood.

:-(
Don't worry, the ignore articles feature has already been added to moOde 5.

You can have "The Dave Brubeck Quartet" sorted into the T's if you like.
Enjoy the Music!
:-) :-) :-) :-) (...)
(04-09-2019, 01:14 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Don't worry, the ignore articles feature has already been added to moOde 5.

You can have "The Dave Brubeck Quartet" sorted into the T's if you like.

- Moode 5 downloaded  Big Grin
- PayPal Big Grin 

Amitiés
leglubert

PS: where is this option ?

EDIT: Foud :-)
Nice :-)
Enjoy the Music!