Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: Rogue MPD database entry - "unknown album"
This is a weird one. Moode 5.1 (and 5.0) show an "unknown" genre which has in it an "unknown album" by an "unknown artist". There is one track in it which I can play normally and which has a title. I know that sounds like a missing tag issue but - I cannot for the life of me find the file on the NAS where the database is stored. The track is entitled "Eric_Bibb-Live_at_The_BasementDVD". I do have an MP4 file with that name but it's not on the Windows machine I used to build the database, it's on a separate PC which is seldom switched on.  I have searched the database files on the NAS to no avail and have no idea how it got into the moOde MPD database. I have rebuilt the MPD database from scratch a few times and it's still there! It does not appear in the DLNA database though.

It's not a big problem as I can just ignore it, but if anyone has any ideas how I can find this file and delete or edit it I'd be grateful!  Thanks for any advice.

Loving the new interface in moOde 5 btw, well done to all concerned Smile

Cheers
Richard
(04-26-2019, 04:46 PM)otto52 Wrote: This is a weird one. Moode 5.1 (and 5.0) show an "unknown" genre which has in it an "unknown album" by an "unknown artist". There is one track in it which I can play normally and which has a title. I know that sounds like a missing tag issue but - I cannot for the life of me find the file on the NAS where the database is stored. The track is entitled "Eric_Bibb-Live_at_The_BasementDVD". I do have an MP4 file with that name but it's not on the Windows machine I used to build the database, it's on a separate PC which is seldom switched on.  I have searched the database files on the NAS to no avail and have no idea how it got into the moOde MPD database. I have rebuilt the MPD database from scratch a few times and it's still there! It does not appear in the DLNA database though.

It's not a big problem as I can just ignore it, but if anyone has any ideas how I can find this file and delete or edit it I'd be grateful!  Thanks for any advice.

Loving the new interface in moOde 5 btw, well done to all concerned Smile

Cheers
Richard

So select and start playing the track. From the command line (using the Web SSH terminal, for example), enter mpc status. This will tell you about the current track including its actual filename. Here's an example from my player:

Code:
pi@moodeLR:~ $ mpc status
NAS/OMV-SMB/Classical/New York Philharmonic - Leonard Bernstein, Yo-Yo Ma - Philadelphia Orchestra - Eugene Ormandy/Dmitri Shostakovich - Symphony No. 5, Cello Concerto No. 1/06 New York Philharmonic - Leonard Bernstein, Yo-Yo Ma - Philadelphia Orchestra - Eugene Ormandy - Cello Concerto No 1 Op 107 - Moderato.wav
[playing] #6/26   0:15/9:34 (2%)
volume: 55%   repeat: off   random: off   single: off   consume: off

If you have mpc installed on some other Linux host, you can also reach your player from that host via mpc -h <hostname> status.

Regards,
Kent

(oops---added after posting): Note my example is a .wav file. It is devoid of metadata and appears as "Unknown" etc.
Thanks Kent, I found another way which is to select Audio Info from the moOde menu which also shows the actual filename, I hadn't discovered that previously!  It turns out the file was lurking in the recycle bin which for some reason was being included in the database build.  I'll need to change the NAS mount I guess.  Anyway, I was able to delete the file using VNC into the NAS and the problem is now fixed follwing an MPD database re-gen. Updating the database was not sufficient, I had to regenerate it.  Thanks for the help!

Cheers
Richard
Oh, yeah, the Audio Info popup. Blush