Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: GUI hangs with some webradios [5.2 & 4.19.40 kernel]
What a weird bug :-0
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
I have the same behavior as TheOldPresbyope. With Wifi no problems, with ethernet, ether it hang, or i have no sound at all.
They fixed the kernel problem according to the link given earlier. Sadly I don't see where I can get that long ID string to update...
(05-13-2019, 07:40 AM)Malefoda Wrote: I'm using a RPi 2B and its OEM Ethernet, as described in the issue link.

4.19.34: that radio works!
back to
4.19.40: try to play it crashed moOde, still got the SSH access. Like in the link.

You've found the problem!
Hope they fix that ASAP, seems serious! I guess you'll wait for it to be fixed prior to any moOde upgrade?

Same problem here with pure jazz radio. As build with my NAS was very slow with 40 but back to working with 34. I’m sticking with 34 till next update.
(05-17-2019, 01:59 PM)Malefoda Wrote: They fixed the kernel problem according to the link given earlier. Sadly I don't see where I can get that long ID string to update...

Just click the title of the commit in the list and it will present a page that has the full Git hash.

For example in the rpi-update commit list:
https://github.com/Hexxeh/rpi-firmware/commits/master

Click "kernel: Revert smsc95xx: dynamically fix up TX buffer alignment with …" which is the fix you are referencing. You will see the Git hash on the right. 

413e9a212ee40a0a2506b403915598a74a90f3ef

If you are able to test let us know if it fixes your issue.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
(05-19-2019, 01:07 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: If you are able to test let us know if it fixes your issue.

Hi Tim,

I'm running the 4.19.42 right now and listening to Radio Nova =)
All my radios are playing OK now; I'll stick to this kernel.

Thanks Tim & guys!
(05-19-2019, 01:07 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(05-17-2019, 01:59 PM)Malefoda Wrote: They fixed the kernel problem according to the link given earlier. Sadly I don't see where I can get that long ID string to update...

Just click the title of the commit in the list and it will present a page that has the full Git hash.

For example in the rpi-update commit list:
https://github.com/Hexxeh/rpi-firmware/commits/master

Click "kernel: Revert smsc95xx: dynamically fix up TX buffer alignment with …" which is the fix you are referencing. You will see the Git hash on the right. 

413e9a212ee40a0a2506b403915598a74a90f3ef

If you are able to test let us know if it fixes your issue.

-Tim

That worked here too. Thank you. Banged my head over this one.
Thanks for confirming :-)
Enjoy the Music!