Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Some volume level issues after interrupting Airplay session
First; great thanks to Tim and team!

I have come to use the Airplay feature with Resume MPD quite a lot. Makes it easy to switch back and forth between watching News videos and listening to music while surfing. 

However, when moOde playback regains MPD control, I often experience playback at a volume level other than what I had before the  interrupting Airplay session. I'm guessing this is caused by me changing MPD volume outside of moOde on occasion. 

Perhaps volume level could be read from MPD (and reflected in UI) occasionally during music playback?
moOde maintains the MPD/knob volume level in a SQL table for maximum reliability. If MPD volume is changed external to moOde then the two will be different.

There is an undocumented feature called UPnP Volume Sync that will sync up the moOde knob to MPD volume. Run the cmd below to try it out.

Code:
# Default value
sqlite3 /var/local/www/db/moode-sqlite3.db "UPDATE cfg_system SET value='7102' WHERE param='feat_bitmask'"

# Enable UPnP Volume Sync
sqlite3 /var/local/www/db/moode-sqlite3.db "UPDATE cfg_system SET value='8126' WHERE param='feat_bitmask'"

# Print the value
sqlite3 /var/local/www/db/moode-sqlite3.db "SELECT value FROM cfg_system WHERE param='feat_bitmask'"
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(05-31-2019, 06:34 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: moOde maintains the MPD/knob volume level in a SQL table for maximum reliability. If MPD volume is changed external to moOde then the two will be different.

There is an undocumented feature called UPnP Volume Sync that will sync up the moOde knob to MPD volume. Run the cmd below to try it out.

Code:
# Default value
sqlite3 /var/local/www/db/moode-sqlite3.db "UPDATE cfg_system SET value='7102' WHERE param='feat_bitmask'"

sqlite3 /var/local/www/db/moode-sqlite3.db "UPDATE cfg_system SET value='8126' WHERE param='feat_bitmask'"

# Print the value
sqlite3 /var/local/www/db/moode-sqlite3.db "SELECT value FROM cfg_system WHERE param='feat_bitmask'"

Thank you very much, Tim! This works beautifully. I've upgraded to 5.3 and made a new donation to you and your team.  Smile
(06-01-2019, 03:43 PM)Tenbagger Wrote:
(05-31-2019, 06:34 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: moOde maintains the MPD/knob volume level in a SQL table for maximum reliability. If MPD volume is changed external to moOde then the two will be different.

Code:
# Default value

# Print the value

Thank you very much, Tim! This works beautifully. I've upgraded to 5.3 and made a new donation to you and your team.  Smile

Small update: The volume level works very well – it's neat seeing the volume dial in the web interface respond immediately! 

One problem; whenever moOde reassumes audio control from Airport, music is unpaused – regardless of play/pause status when moOde audio was interrupted. 

If moOde music is on pause, and I surf (Safari) and watch a movie clip on a web page, sound is taken over by Airport as expected. When I subsequently leave the web page in question (I'm guessing this is the point when moOde reassumes audio control), moOde music starts playing as if I had unpaused the music.