Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Update sources from command line?
Ah, great tip, I'll try this in reverse order (musicbrainz first). Thnx!

The problem is not as much that the CDs are not recognised (at least in my case) but that the tags and metadata are incorrect or just plain weird. A classical pieces has for example a famous composer, choir, director, orchestra, etc. Sometimes the artist named is the composer or the orchestra instead of the composer for example. This makes it hard to identify the CD afterward.

This discussion reminded me I still had to work on this Smile I found a nifty tool called beets (http://beets.io) which can retag using the musicbrainz database. It seems better for classical music. Not 100% sure yet since my SD died in the proces so I need to do a reinstall. But it seems promising; it needed a lot of interaction with identifying the right CD, but it works for most immediately. It can even send pieces of the audiofiles to identify the correct piece.

I will be in Paris for a couple of weeks, so not sure wether I'll have time to work on it, but I'll post an update/config as soon as I figured it out.

Messages In This Thread
Update sources from command line? - by sjoerdju - 05-01-2018, 12:26 PM
RE: Update sources from command line? - by DRONE7 - 05-03-2018, 10:22 PM
RE: Update sources from command line? - by sjoerdju - 05-04-2018, 11:08 AM
RE: Update sources from command line? - by DRONE7 - 05-10-2018, 06:20 AM