Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

I am building a new moode player
Hi,
I am planing to build a second moode player for the bedroom. 
I will build it inside this fisher tuner:

[Image: anycck.jpg]

I got it for 40$ on ebay. I guess it is cheap because nobody uses this type of tuner anymore.
I will replace the original center display with a 2.4 inch i2c or SPI oled display. The tuning button will become the volume up down button, the original power button will be used to power on and off the player. All other buttons will be mapped to my favorite playlists.
The IR receiver will be hidden behind the center display.
As you can see, it does not need any modification on the outside.
Allo Boss will be used as DAC. 
All songs will be stored locally in a 500Gb SSD.
Now I need a help for the power supply.
I am planing to use 2 power sources.
A switching 2.5 A power supply for the RPi, and a linear low noise power supply for the DAC.
The switching power supply is easy to find. They are usually sold with the Rpi.
The problem is with the linear power supply.
For my first build i bought a transformer and a low noise regulator, had to solder things together.
I prefer this time a ready built low noise linear power supply with enough current to power the allo boss dac.
Any link to where i can get such power supply will be appreciated.

Remy
Looks like very nice project you putting up together.
Do you looking for external or internal LPSU solution? I guess you want to keep it separate for better isolation?

I bought this cheap one from eBay a long time ago for my RaspDAC Kit. Still happy with it.
You can request your required output voltage. 

[Image: s-l1600.jpg]
Or you can order one with higher voltage and add LM317 Adjustable Voltage Regulator  module (I did go for this option)
<marquee behavior="alternate" scrolldelay=150
~~~~>>>Please always follow rules and read before you post<<<~~~~

</marquee>
(01-25-2019, 04:55 PM)remy1961 Wrote: Hi,
I am planing to build a second moode player for the bedroom. 
I will build it inside this fisher tuner:
.................etc

I got it for 40$ on ebay. I guess it is cheap because nobody uses this type of tuner anymore.
.......................etc
Allo Boss will be used as DAC. 
......................................etc
Now I need a help for the power supply.
I am planing to use 2 power sources.
A switching 2.5 A power supply for the RPi, and a linear low noise power supply for the DAC.
The switching power supply is easy to find. They are usually sold with the Rpi.
The problem is with the linear power supply.
For my first build i bought a transformer and a low noise regulator, had to solder things together.
I prefer this time a ready built low noise linear power supply with enough current to power the allo boss dac.
Any link to where i can get such power supply will be appreciated.

Remy

Hello Remy,

I believe that you may want to keep the costs in proportion to the already incurred expenses. Considering that the BOSS DAC requires less than 400 mA and that you are already content to use a SMPS for the RPi why not use a similar solution albeit a widely recommended SMPS manufactured by iFi:

iFi iPower 5V
(01-26-2019, 12:40 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote: Looks like very nice project you putting up together.
Do you looking for external or internal LPSU solution? I guess you want to keep it separate for better isolation?

I bought this cheap one from eBay a long time ago for my RaspDAC Kit. Still happy with it.
You can request your required output voltage. 

Thanks Rikardo for the suggestion. I will take it in consideration, especially the second one. I prefer to have everything in one box.

Remy
(01-26-2019, 07:04 AM)CallMeMike Wrote: I believe that you may want to keep the costs in proportion to the already incurred expenses. Considering that the BOSS DAC requires less than 400 mA and that you are already content to use a SMPS for the RPi why not use a similar solution albeit a widely recommended SMPS manufactured by iFi:

iFi iPower 5V
Hi,
Thanks for the suggestion. I know that @soundcheck (diyaudio forum) who is a sort of guru when it comes to audio had only nice things to say about the iFi iPower. It is a bit expensive at 69 canadian dollars. The good thing is that I can get it from a local supplier here in Montreal, saving me the shipping cost.
It will definitely be one of the solutions i will consider. 
Remy
The build is almost complete, running moode 5.3. Using a cheap chinese DAC for now. Will upgrade with a more expensive one (allo boss probably) later.
Used a newly acquired 3d printer for some parts. It took 6 months because some of the parts were purchased from china.

[Image: 1zo9ekm.jpg]
[Image: 2n0kokz.jpg]
[Image: 34q645g.jpg]
[Image: dhd9hj.jpg]
[Image: z3kzt.jpg]

Remy
Very nice case design, a very good choice!