Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Instruction Guide Winstar OLED 16x2 HD44780
Yes, but their scripts support Volumio, RuneAudio or LMS. Moode seems to be not supported. The instructions say that you have to modify the pydpiper.service, setting the appropriate "music distro", and the appropriate xxx.page.py (in my case the Winstar WEH style OLEDs - pages_weh_80x16.py). Unluckly Moode is not in the list of supported distro

At the beginning of this thread you write the steps to install another package (based on the old RaspDAC approach), unfortunately not using the "pages" metaphor to define what wil be shown.... Which the best solution?

1) Use pydPiper Master (even seems not supporting Moode)
2) Use MoodeAudio_Raspdac_Script (beginning of this thread), simple but with no pages management
3) USe the standard Raspdac_Audio (even not anymore maintained), that works with Moode, and use page management
Hi mancio61. The python script described by rikardo works with moode and oled display. I know because I have it running with my moode player right now. It looks like you are trying to use pydpiper. If that's the case have a look at another thread under "support" where pydpiper is discussed.
The pydpiper script is supposed to bring nice graphics, like a square when you stop, a triangle when you play, and letters that spam over 2 rows as in the picture from rikardo1979. Is that what you are trying to do?
Remy
I will manage a Winstar OLED 16x2 character based. I saw that it's possible to select the display driver into the pydpiper.service file . I need only to display simple text with info catched by the underlying MPD Server. I already made some tests with a LCD I2C 16x2 display and it works perfectly, but I'd like to test also an OLED one...
I red the whole pydpiper thread in the "support" sub-forum, and it seems that , at now, the pydpiper script doesn't work with Moode!! So option 1) above has to be skipped (for now).
@rikardo1979  I was able to connect pydPiper. https://github.com/dhrone/pydPiper/issues/20  Display LCD 20x4. DAC Audiophonics es9023 tcxo.

cd /home/pi
git clone https://github.com/dhrone/pydPiper
cd /home/pi/pydPiper

sudo ./install_docker.sh

sudo python configure.py
It is necessary to specify exactly everything

Run the test.
sudo /usr/bin/docker run --network=host --privileged -ti -v /var/log:/var/log:rw -v /home/pi/pydPiper:/app:rw dhrone/pydpiper:v0.31-alpha /bin/bash
python pydPiper.py
Exit the test ^C , further "exit"

sudo cp pydpiper.service /etc/systemd/system
sudo systemctl enable pydpiper
sudo systemctl start pydpiper

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(06-21-2018, 06:08 PM)ear5142 Wrote: @rikardo1979  I was able to connect pydPiper. https://github.com/dhrone/pydPiper/issues/20  Display LCD 20x4. DAC Audiophonics es9023 tcxo.

cd /home/pi
cd /home/pi/pydPiper

sudo ./install_docker.sh

sudo python configure.py

Run the test.
sudo /usr/bin/docker run --network=host --privileged -ti -v /var/log:/var/log:rw -v /home/pi/pydPiper:/app:rw dhrone/pydpiper:v0.31-alpha /bin/bash
python pydPiper.py

Nice one, thank you for the steps.

So how do you proceed with config questions?
I have this display Winstar WEH001602A Blue Oled Screen 16x2 HD44780
[Image: winstar-weh001602a-ecran-oled-16x2-blue-hd44780.jpg]

And I have tried this in config

Code:
[STARTUP]
startup_msg_duration = 10

[DISPLAY]
display_driver = hd44780
display_width = 80
display_height = 16
display_enable_duration = 1
display_pin_rs = 7
display_pin_e = 8
display_pin_d4 = 25
display_pin_d5 = 24
display_pin_d6 = 23
display_pin_d7 = 27
pagefile = pages_lcd_16x2.py
animation_smoothing = 0.15

[SYSTEM]
logfile = /var/log/pydPiper.log
loglevel = info
timezone = UK/London
time24hour = true
temperature = celsius

[SOURCE]
source_type = moode
mpd_server = localhost
mpd_port = 6600
mpd_password = moodeaudio

but when trying to test, all I see is this in output

Code:
root@moode:/app# python pydPiper.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "pydPiper.py", line 23, in <module>
   class music_controller(threading.Thread):
 File "pydPiper.py", line 68, in music_controller
   'localtime':moment.utcnow().timezone(pydPiper_config.TIMEZONE),
 File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/moment/core.py", line 81, in timezone
   date = times.to_local(date, zone)
 File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/times/__init__.py", line 61, in to_local
   'First argument to to_local() should be a universal time.'
ValueError: First argument to to_local() should be a universal time.

And the display stays black
<marquee behavior="alternate" scrolldelay=150
~~~~>>>Please always follow rules and read before you post<<<~~~~

</marquee>
Hi,
I successfully installed pydpiper following the new instructions by dhrone. 16x2 Oled display. I have the time nicely displayed, it shows stop, play, and the volume horizontal bar. All in large letters and numbers using the 2 rows of the display. Very nice. But there is a problem: when i play a song it shows "No active widget". I don't know what i did wrong. Looks like it is not making the connection with mpd player.

Here is the configuration

Code:
Startup mode duration (in seconds)? [5]: 5

DISPLAY CONFIGURATION
Display type?: winstar_weg
Register select pin? [7]: 7
Enable pin? [8]: 8
Data 4 pin? [25]: 25
Data 5 pin? [24]: 24
Data 6 pin? [23]: 23
Data 7 pin? [27]: 27
Width of display (in pixels)? [80]: 80
Height of display (in pixels)? [16]: 16
Enable pulse duration (in microseconds)? [0.1]: 0.1
Location of the pagefile? [pages_lcd_16x2.py]: pages_weh_80x16.py
Animation Smoothing (in seconds)? [0.15]: 0.15

SYSTEM CONFIGURATION
Location of log file? [/var/log/pydPiper.log]: /var/log/pydPiper.log
Logging Level? [info]: info
Time Zone? [US/Eastern]: US/Eastern
24-hour clock? [True]: true
Temperature Scale? [fahrenheit]: celsius
Enable weather? [n]: n

MUSIC DISTRIBUTION
Name of distribution? [volumio]: moode
Server address? [localhost]: localhost
Port? [3000]: 6600
(06-21-2018, 06:08 PM)ear5142 Wrote: @rikardo1979  I was able to connect pydPiper. https://github.com/dhrone/pydPiper/issues/20  Display LCD 20x4. DAC Audiophonics es9023 tcxo.

cd /home/pi
cd /home/pi/pydPiper

sudo ./install_docker.sh

sudo python configure.py

Run the test.
python pydPiper.py

@ear5142
How did you manage to solve the "no active widget issue"? Can you post the content of your pydPiper.cfg file?
Remy
OK. It is now working. I had to edit the page file. Now the song title and album are displayed correctly. 
[Image: file.php?id=629]

I have just posted a tutorial on audiophonics forum on using pydPiper to drive an oled or lcd display on moode audio and volumio. It is in french but very easy to understand since the python language is the same. 

Remy