Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Picture of artist
(02-29-2020, 08:52 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: It could be for the upcoming r650 release but I haven't had the time to figure out an implementation. The feature looks to be complex. Maybe someone could suggest how to implement ??

How are the images obtained?
Where on the UI should they be displayed?

I realize this is an old thread, but just wanted to mention that Volumio has this feature and from my understanding uses an API from LastFM to pull the images.  Maybe a starting point?
Apart from the fact that this thread is a year old, it's in the wrong place in the Forum. It's not a FAQ or Guide, it's a feature request. If someone has actual working code for moOde, then they should make a PR to the github repo so others can have a look. 

Just my 2cents worth.

Regards,
Kent
(09-11-2020, 09:36 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: ... it's in the wrong place in the Forum. It's not a FAQ or Guide, it's a feature request.

I'm not the OP, but as a moderator are you able to move it to the right spot?  I just happened to notice the topic, recalled the LastFM API functionality and was trying to be helpful.
Thread moved as per @TheOldPresbyope comments :-)
----------
bob
The problem with pulling the artist images (or album covers) from a web resource is that all too often the images are not what you want. The other issue is that most web services require a license or subscription to legally use their images.

The design thats on the drawing board for moOde is one where the user controls their own artist images and stores them in either the artist or album directory as artist.jpg or artist_name.jpg.

It's a feature thats not going to make it for the initial 7 release but should appear in a post 7 update :-)
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(09-11-2020, 11:17 PM)Laephis Wrote:
(09-11-2020, 09:36 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: ... it's in the wrong place in the Forum. It's not a FAQ or Guide, it's a feature request.

I'm not the OP, but as a moderator are you able to move it to the right spot?  I just happened to notice the topic, recalled the LastFM API functionality and was trying to be helpful.

No problem on being helpful. 

It's just that, IMHO, with dead threads, especially where there's been so many releases in the meantime, it's usually better to start a new one. You can always acknowledge the old one by including a link to it.

Thanks, @DRONE7, for moving the thread. For some reason I thought only a person with admin privileges could. 

There's a small number of us with moderator privileges distributed unevenly around the world. Mostly we help nip spam postings in the bud 24/7. You'd be surprised how many we get (or not; sometimes it takes a while for one of us to check the Forum and notice yet another spammer has registered). I wasn't given a user manual Rolleyes 

Regards,
Kent