Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Instruction Guide 128x64 OLED with Song Status and Spectrum Display on Raspberry Pi
Just installed a new MoOde 7.01  Pi 3b and set up as per the instructions...Worked first time !!! (as always ;-) )

Many thanks Adrian for your continued efforts and updates.. Cool
----------
bob
Thanks, Bob! I am always pleased to hear everything is working well!

Adrian.
Hi,
I have one Question, I am using moodeaudio on a Raspberry Zero W (with a SPDIF and a DAC soundcard).
Should I expect any problems running the OLED on the Raspberry due to less performance of the Pi Zero?
Thank you,
Norbert
Hi Norbert

My usual setup is a Pi Zero with a small I2S soundard. I run mpd_oled with 21 spectrum bars and a framerate of 20Hz and the Pi Zero runs at around 90%-95% CPU with mpd_oled/cava accounting for around 22% CPU. If your DAC uses more CPU than mine then you could reduce the number of bars (-b) and the framerate (-f) and this will reduce the CPU usage of mpd_oled/cava.

Adrian.
(02-07-2021, 03:43 PM)adrii Wrote: Hi Norbert

My usual setup is a Pi Zero with a small I2S soundard. I run mpd_oled with 21 spectrum bars and a framerate of 20Hz and the Pi Zero runs at around 90%-95% CPU with mpd_oled/cava accounting for around 22% CPU. If your DAC uses more CPU than mine then you could reduce the number of bars (-b) and the framerate (-f) and this will reduce the CPU usage of mpd_oled/cava.

Adrian.

Thank you Adrian!

Norbert
Hi everyone,
as mentioned in another thread, I'm trying to run PeppyMeter on moOde, as you can see (attached), now it also works together with mpd_oled ... but I have a couple of issues Huh :
1. the first is related to mpd_oled: while listening to a Radio FLAC (eg Hi On Line - Pop (FLAC)) I can't see the speed: I think it is normal even without PeppyMeter.
2. It is not related to mpd_oled. I am not able to show PeppyMeter on any other display except the main one. I have tried with a monitor but am unable to run anything on /dev/fb1. It appears that all video streams are directed to the primary display. In other words, I have to run a video on an HDMI port, rather than on the DPI. If anyone is kind enough to try to help me, please let me know what information is needed.
Sincerely.
Best regards and thanks,
Francesco

@fdealexa

Hi, Francesco

Perhaps this section of the RPi docs will help  (sorry, the table of settings lost its formatting when I copied it)

Quote:framebuffer_priority

In a system with multiple displays, using the legacy (pre-KMS) graphics driver, this forces a specific internal display device to be the first Linux framebuffer (i.e./dev/fb0).

The options that can be set are:

Display ID
Main LCD 0
Secondary LCD 1
HDMI 0 2
Composite 3
HDMI 1 7

Candidly, I don't know what happens with the current driver. Maybe more reading around this part of the docs? Or better, asking on the Advanced Users section of the RPi Forum?

Congrats on getting PeppyMeter going. I started down that path a year ago but house moves and the pandemic got in the way and I never finished.

Regards,
Kent
Hi Kent,
Thanks for the compliments... a consistent help come from two guys in the "diyAudio Forum" (thanks to them again).
I already tryed to follow that instruction but I do not understud: where the number 0,1,2,3,7 are? The max framebuffers possible is 2: fb0 and fb1; and I got them configured but if I try to redirect the video to fb1 I always see it on fb0.
Thanks again and best regards,
Francesco
PS: How is the situation of pandemic now? Good luck to all of us!!!
Hi Francesco

Thank you for reporting this, and congratulations on getting your setup working!

mpd_oled queries both Moode and MPD for display data on Moode. It gets the bitrate from MPD. The Moode value is fixed, but the MPD value can vary for some streams, which I thought would be more interesting to display. If mpd_oled shows nothing for this value it is most likely because when it queries MPD the result is either zero or no value. You can check what Moode reports for the bitrate by listing `/var/local/www/currentsong.txt`, and see that the value is not provided.

Code:
$ cat /var/local/www/currentsong.txt

file=http://mscp2.live-streams.nl:8100/flac.flac
artist=Radio station
album=Hi On Line - Pop (FLAC)
bitrate=
state=play

Compared to another radio station
Code:
$ cat /var/local/www/currentsong.txt

file=http://mediaserv30.live-streams.nl:8086/live
artist=Radio station
album=Hi On Line - Pop (320K)
bitrate=320 kbps
state=play

Adrian.
Hi Adrian,
Thanks for the very clear answer and thanks for the congratulations.
Best regards,
Francesco