Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Instruction Guide 128x64 OLED with Song Status and Spectrum Display on Raspberry Pi
Francesco,

I was dealing with a simpler case at the time. I wanted only to display to a 3.5" LCD HAT which has an HDMI interface and it was before I had an RPi4B in my hands. Single display, single HDMI port. I had already developed song-status displays. I was writing directly to the framebuffer taking advantage of all the cool stuff in pygame. Then I got interested in PeppyMeter. I'll have to revisit my notes.

Aren't the PeppyMeter displays lovely? Many decades ago I worked in radio and on-site event recording. I'm still in love with bouncing analog level meters.

And the pandemic is marching to the beat of its own drummer. My area isn't the worst but it's nowhere near the best by any objective measure you choose.

Stay safe.

Regards,
Kent
(02-10-2021, 01:47 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: Francesco,

I was dealing with a simpler case at the time. I wanted only to display to a 3.5" LCD HAT which has an HDMI interface and it was before I had an RPi4B in my hands. Single display, single HDMI port. I had already developed song-status displays. I was writing directly to the framebuffer taking advantage of all the cool stuff in pygame. Then I got interested in PeppyMeter. I'll have to revisit my notes.

Aren't the PeppyMeter displays lovely? Many decades ago I worked in radio and on-site event recording. I'm still in love with bouncing analog level meters.

And the pandemic is marching to the beat of its own drummer. My area isn't the worst but it's nowhere near the best by any objective measure you choose.

Stay safe.

Regards,
Kent

Thanks Kent, please let me know if you: 
- think is better to initiate a new thread 
- want to see what I have done to make PeppyMeter working in the moOde environment.
Sincerely,
Francesco
Good idea, Francesco. I think a new thread in this FAQ and Guides section would do nicely. It doesn't have to be a complete "How To" but if it has a title something like "PeppyMeter and moOde" it would become a focal point for those interested in the topic.

Regards,
Kent
(02-10-2021, 02:30 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: Good idea, Francesco. I think a new thread in this FAQ and Guides section would do nicely. It doesn't have to be a complete "How To" but if it has a title something like "PeppyMeter and moOde" it would become a focal point for those interested in the topic.

Regards,
Kent

OK Kent,
done: PeppyMeter and moOde
Thanks @TheOldPresbyope for the support and thanks @adrii for the ospitality in this thread.
Regards,
Francesco
Hi,
there is a way to see bitrate (better bit x KHz) ?
Thank you so much for helping
Hi officialsm 

The bitrate, if available, is the number (in kbs) displayed at the the top of the screen to the right of the spectrum display.

Adrian
(02-12-2021, 08:43 PM)adrii Wrote: Hi officialsm 

The bitrate, if available, is the number (in kbs) displayed at the the top of the screen to the right of the spectrum display.

Adrian

Hi Adrian
I'm playing radio and local flac.
Cannot see nitrate and ac not see artist/song title.

I can see only audio spectrum and hour. 
Could you help me to fix it?
Hi officialsm

The values probably aren't available to mpd_oled. I was asked about this relating to a FLAC radio stream a couple of days ago

http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.p...8#pid30298

Try listing '/var/local/www/currentsong.txt', and if the values are present but mpd_oled is not reporting them then please sent me the output.

Adrian.
(02-12-2021, 09:21 PM)adrii Wrote: Hi officialsm

The values probably aren't available to mpd_oled. I was asked about this relating to a FLAC radio stream a couple of days ago

http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.p...8#pid30298

Try listing '/var/local/www/currentsong.txt', and if the values are present but mpd_oled is not reporting them then please sent me the output.

Adrian.

I0m played some radio stations from picklist and some falc flies from usb but currentsong.txt is always empty:
Here ls command (0 byte)
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root staff     0 Feb 12 22:07 currentsong.txt

Another issue i cannot see artist name and song when it plays.
Could you help me?
Hi officialsm

If the current song file is empty, then this is the main issue. In the Moode UI go to Configure > System
then scroll down to Local Services and click on the Metadata file setting so it says ON, then click on SET.

Now play something and run the following comand, and it should print some song details

Code:
cat /var/local/www/currentsong.txt

However, it will still be the case that some radio stations will not have certain items displayed because they are not available to mpd_oled, for example the FLAC stations probably won't have a bitrate, BBC Radio 1 doesn't include the artist and song name, etc

Adrian.