Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Instruction Guide 128x64 OLED with Song Status and Spectrum Display on Raspberry Pi
I installed mpd_oled on 5.0, where it was working, and then updated to 5.1. I ran the patch command again because the files patched in 5.0 were overwritten by the update. I am not entirely sure of my steps after that because I was investigating the issue.

The immediate problem is that /etc/mpd.conf does not get updated (because the system will not generate a new configuration when the system files have been modified), and so there is no data for cava to read. Check if /etc/mpd.conf includes a section for mpd_oled at the end

Code:
cat /etc/mpd.conf

# add a FIFO to be read by a cava, which is run as a subprocess of mpd_oled
audio_output {
       type            "fifo"
       name            "mpd_oled_FIFO"
       path            "/tmp/mpd_oled_fifo"
       format          "44100:16:2"
       #buffer_time     "500000"
}

If it does you should be able to restart mpd, or reboot, and mpd will write the FIFO that Cava needs. If it doesn't, reapply the mpd_oled patch for moOde and it should report that the patch has already been applied. Check the file with the extra mpd.conf configuration is available

Code:
cat /usr/local/etc/mpd_oled_fifo.conf

# add a FIFO to be read by a cava, which is run as a subprocess of mpd_oled
audio_output {
       type            "fifo"
       name            "mpd_oled_FIFO"
       path            "/tmp/mpd_oled_fifo"
       format          "44100:16:2"
       #buffer_time     "500000"
}

Rerun the two sqlite3 commands from my previous message, and then reboot, save MPD, and reboot again. Check if /etc/mpd.conf now includes the extra section for mpd_oled at the end.

Adrian.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 128x64 OLED with Song Status and Spectrum Display on Raspberry Pi - by adrii - 05-08-2019, 10:17 AM
RE: help me - by ghera78 - 02-28-2020, 08:01 AM
RE: help me - by ghera78 - 02-28-2020, 01:17 PM