Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Instruction Guide 128x64 OLED with Song Status and Spectrum Display on Raspberry Pi
(09-02-2019, 04:56 PM)adrii Wrote: Hi JB and Tim

Thanks for the information on the Moode current song file. I wonder if you could help me with a couple of questions.

Does this file ever provide detailed information on the current song when the song isn't being played by MPD? I.e. are there some cases when I will find detailed song information in the file when it isn't available by querying MPD?

The file doesn't seem to include information about the track length and track progress, is that right? And so, I would need to query MPD for these as I do now, and they would only be available when MPD was the player?

JB, I will look at whether I can write the non-MPD player/renderer name into the song title area. If the spectrum analiser is reading a duplicated ALSA stream then it would continue to function.

Adrian.

Hi Adrian,

It either contains information from MPD or it contains the two lines indicating which renderer is active and what the output rate is.

In addition to MPD information the file also contains the URL to the cover image or radio logo. This comes from moOde code.

Currently I'm not carrying track length or progress but certainly could consider it. Track progress would have a 3 second granularity because the file gets updated in moOde's worker.php job loop which polls every 3 secs.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub

Messages In This Thread
RE: 128x64 OLED with Song Status and Spectrum Display on Raspberry Pi - by Tim Curtis - 09-02-2019, 11:05 PM
RE: help me - by ghera78 - 02-28-2020, 08:01 AM
RE: help me - by ghera78 - 02-28-2020, 01:17 PM