Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Instruction Guide 128x64 OLED with Song Status and Spectrum Display on Raspberry Pi
(05-22-2018, 07:53 AM)adrii Wrote: Hi

If the patch program reports that the patch is already applied then that should mean that the changes were applied correctly.

There seem to be two factors in getting mpd.conf regenerated with the FIFO included: the Moode software appears to be cached, and so patches won't necessarily be seen straight away; the software has to receive a trigger to regenerate /etc/mpd.conf.

I have just checked the time stamp on my /etc/mpd.conf, and I can see that it has not been regenerated by a machine restart

Code:
pi@moode:~ $ ls -l /etc/mpd.conf
-rw-rw-rw- 1 mpd audio 1675 Apr 28 08:41 /etc/mpd.conf

In which case, in the Moode UI go to "Moode" / "Configure" / MPD, and click the first "APPLY" button on that page. This appears to trigger the regeneration of /etc/mpd.conf

Code:
pi@moode:~ $ ls -l /etc/mpd.conf
-rw-rw-rw- 1 mpd audio 1675 May 22 09:27 /etc/mpd.conf

If this works out, I will amend the installation instructions to carry out this action after the machine restart (which appears to clear the cache of the unpatched Moode software).

Thanks for the feedback!

Adrian
Ehm... I feel a little bit stupid, I just realized that I had volume on 0 (I'm testing it with no speakers connected), I'm sorry  Big Grin
I turned up the volume on Moode and now it seems to be working, even if I noticed something strange: when I turned up the volume, all the spectrum bars went to max level for a couple of seconds. After that they returned to a "normal" level...
Before the volume "issue" the mpd.conf file did not include the mpd_oled_fifo.conf configuration, after regenerating mpd.conf through the "APPLY" button the code was there...
If you need I can start from scratch and test if you have to regenerate the file in order to make it work...
Thank you again!

Messages In This Thread
RE: 128x64 OLED with Song Status and Spectrum Display on Raspberry Pi - by pelukessss - 05-22-2018, 12:51 PM
RE: help me - by ghera78 - 02-28-2020, 08:01 AM
RE: help me - by ghera78 - 02-28-2020, 01:17 PM