Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Instruction Guide 128x64 OLED with Song Status and Spectrum Display on Raspberry Pi
(05-22-2018, 02:44 PM)adrii Wrote: Hi

That is great!

The reason for the initial high values in the spectrum is that the Cava program, which calculates the spectrum, is run with a setting that lets it adapt to the audio level. Starting from zero volume, it prints high values when the audio starts, and then settles down to more appropriate values.

I have updated the Moode installation instructions with the extra step. Hopefully that is all the issues ironed out now! Thanks for offering to test on a fresh build (I previously did this, so I am surprised to see the issues). If you do this then that would be great, otherwise if Drone7 is going to be installing mpd_oled I will probably get some feedback then.

Adrian.

Hi Adrian!
Sorry, been busy... I started from scratch and it worked with the updated info!
I tried on another system with a Pi 3 with an Allo Boss DAC and I can confirm it also works connected to the Boss GPIO pins.

Now I'd like to customize a little bit the information shown by the display (e.g. I'd like to show the codec -FLAC, MP3 etc.- and other info, remove the clock when music is playing, stretch a little bit the spectrum analyzer in order to fill the entire screen width etc.), is there a way to modify the layout of the info on the OLED?

Thank you very much for your help!

Messages In This Thread
RE: 128x64 OLED with Song Status and Spectrum Display on Raspberry Pi - by pelukessss - 06-01-2018, 01:31 PM
RE: help me - by ghera78 - 02-28-2020, 08:01 AM
RE: help me - by ghera78 - 02-28-2020, 01:17 PM