Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Instruction Guide 128x64 OLED with Song Status and Spectrum Display on Raspberry Pi
hi
I bought 128x64 oled 1.3 inch lcd, could you please show me a guide to install the drivers on raspberry p3 with x920 dac and moode audio as software.
I followed the guide here https://github.com/antiprism/mpd_oled/bl...L_MOODE.md but I can't turn on the diplay please help me

thank you
Hi ghera78

Can you give a link to your particular display.

The display should ideally be suitable for use with I2C. If this is the case, check the wiring is good and then paste the output of the following command.

Code:
i2cdetect -y 1

Adrian.
Hello adrii, I did as you said but arrived here once given the sending remains as in the screen that I posted with the cursor flashing and that does not go further, do you have any suggestions?

g++ -o mpd_oled main.o timer.o status.o status_msg.o utils.o display.o programopts.o ultragetopt.o ArduiPi_OLED.o Ad
afruit_GFX.o bcm2835.o -lmpdclient -lpthread -li2c
pi@moode:~/mpd_oled $ sudo i2cdetect -y 1
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 a b c d e f
00: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
10: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
20: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
30: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 3c -- -- --
40: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- UU -- -- --
50: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
60: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
70: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
pi@moode:~/mpd_oled $ sudo ./mpd_oled -o 6 -a 3c -b 10 -g 1 -f 20
Hi ghera78

It looks like your display is set up correctly for I2C.

Could you post a link to the webpage where you bought the display, or to the manufacturer's page for the display (anything that clearly identifies the particular display that you have).

Adrian.
Hi
Do you have RST pin on the display. Do you need to include on the Raspberry.
In boot/config.txt:

# Set GPIO16 to OLED RST
gpio=16=op,dh

or others GPIO
Hello
the display I bought it here:

https://www.banggood.com/1_3-Inch-4Pin-W...rehouse=UK
Hi ghera78

This looks identical to the display I normally use. It appears to have been detected correctly as an I2C device. Your mpd_oled command looks fine, and also appears to be running correctly (in the sense that it is running and hasn't exited with an error). The display can be powered by 3.3V-5V, I have mine connected to 3.3V.

Are you running on a Pi 4? If so I will try to test mpd_oled on a Pi 4, as I don't recall having any feedback on this. If anyone else could confirm that mpd_oled is working on a Pi 4 then that would be very helpful.

Otherwise, It may be a hardware issue. You could review that the soldering/wires/connections seem good. Could the display be faulty?

If you don't have any success, perhaps you could test your display with another program. If it works with another program but still doesn't work with mpd_oled then I will see what I could do to correct this.

Adrian.
No I'm working on a PI 3, once it turned on but I had followed the guide of remy, it turned on but there was no written only snow as if it were an old analog TV, I will check the wires even if I have already done it a thousand times, I also have a 16x2 gpio no i2c display, I have tried some driving but this too is not accented but it is probable that the driving was not good, I don't know if you would recommend I will buy a new display, bye
Hi ghera78

I don't know exactly where the problem lies. A new display might work fine, or might not fix the issue. Perhaps, if you have access to another Pi (or Arduino), you could test the display with that.

Adrian.
Arduino I saw it as you say how to do it