Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Instruction Guide 128x64 OLED with Song Status and Spectrum Display on Raspberry Pi
If I have understood your message, you have an Arduino but don't know of a test program to use.

I don't have experience with any particular program but, from a quick search, maybe you could have a go with

https://github.com/durydevelop/arduino-lib-oled

It looks like it includes a demo program that draws some shapes on the screen.
I have just updated mpd_oled with options to support SPI displays (SSD1306/9, SH1106). Here are the updated instructions

https://github.com/antiprism/mpd_oled/bl...L_MOODE.md

Adrian.
ok I got the niovo display this time it's a 0.96 inch in a while I'll update you
good morning then I managed to get the display on I followed remy's guide, with remy's instructions he turns on but he only shows me the time with this guide instead I think I have to enter the right address however the data are these:

0  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  a  b  c  d  e  f                                                                                            
00:          -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --                                                                                            
10: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --                                                                                            
20: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --                                                                                            
30: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 3c -- -- --                                                                                            
40: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 4c -- -- --                                                                                            
50: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --                                                                                            
60: -- --62 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --                                                                                            
70: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --                                                                                                                    

so in summary I have the:
3c on the column c 30
4c over c 40
and 62 out of 2 60.  
so here how should i set it up
sudo ./mpd_oled -o 6 -b 10 -g 1 -f 20
so
sudo ./mpd_oled -o 6 -a 3c -b 10 -g 1 -f 20
it does not work
Hi ghera78

I updated the mpd_oled repository yesterday with some changes that could affect potential compatibility issues with newer Pis. Could you first clone a new copy of mpd_oled and test with that.

If your display still does not work with the updated mpd_oled, could you post the configuration options you are using with Remy's instructions.

Also, while mpd_oled is running, could you run the following two commands and post the output, first run the commands while Moode is not playing any music, the run the commands when Moode is playing a radio station (i.e post four lines of output)

Code:
top -n 1 -b | grep mpd_oled
top -n 1 -b | grep cava

Adrian.
this is the configuration used:
For the 128x64 pixels oled using i2c interface and ssd1306 driver:
Code:
[DISPLAY]
display_driver = luma_i2c
display_i2c_port = 1
display_i2c_address = 0x3C
display_devicetype = ssd1306
display_width = 128
display_height = 64
pagefile = pages_ssd1306.py
animation_smoothing = 0.15

4. To test if it works
Code:
sudo /usr/bin/docker run --network=host --privileged -ti -v /var/log:/var/log:rw -v /home/pi/pydPiper:/app:rw dhrone/pydpiper:v0.31-alpha /bin/bash
python pydPiper.py
"control-c" to end the test, "exit" to go back to the command prompt.

5. To complete the installation:
Code:
cd pydPiper
sudo cp pydpiper.service /etc/systemd/system
sudo systemctl enable pydpiper
sudo systemctl start pydpiper

That's all. To customise the display you have to edit the page file used in your configuration. It is found in the directory /home/pi/pydPiper

Take note that:

For the i2c interface, use this command to detect your i2c adress:
Code:
sudo i2cdetect -y 1
You will have numbers only like 27 or numbers with letters like 3c, your i2c adress is 0x27 and 0x3c.

If the display works but complains that there is no widget available, you have to edit your page file in order to get data from MPD:
Code:
cd pydPiper
sudo nano pages_weh_80x16.py (or any other page file corresponding to your display)
In the sequence section, replace every "stream" by "encoding", so that you have db['encoding'] instead of db['stream'].
ctrl-x, yes, enter when finished.

i2c interface is known to be slow. To improve the performance for a good refresh rate, you have to edit the configuration.
Code:
sudo nano /boot/config.txt
Add the following line
Code:
dtparam=i2c_arm_baudrate=400000
ctrl-x, yes, enter when finished, and restart
questo è il link dei post

http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=461

it works it lights up but it only displays the time and nothing the lyrics of the songs scroll
Hi ghera78

According to the configuration you posted, your new display uses a SSD1306, rather than a SSH1106, in which case use mpd_oled option '-o 3'. The 0x3C i2c addres is the mpd_oled default and so you do not need to use option -a. Your test command can simply be

Code:
sudo ./mpd_oled -o3

So, stop pydPiper (avoid two programs trying to control the OLED at the same time, could this have been a previous issue?)

Code:
sudo systemctl stop pydpiper

Make a fresh clone of the mpd_oled repository, build mpd and run the mpd_oled test command. Say what happens in the terminal and on your OLED, and include the output of the commands from my previous message (run twice).

Adrian.
great it works
you have commands that you suggested to me I had the following answer:

pi@moode:~ $ top -n 1 -b | grep mpd_oled
330 root 20 0 32176 2640 2464 R 11.1 0.3 1:09.03 mpd_oled
pi@moode:~ $ top -n 1 -b | grep cava
355 root 20 0 20884 4680 3396 S 0.0 0.5 0:01.57 cava
pi@moode:~ $