Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Instruction Guide 128x64 OLED with Song Status and Spectrum Display on Raspberry Pi
(08-15-2018, 09:38 AM)DRONE7 Wrote: Ebay oleds went awol...3 months wait and no-show...:-(

Re-ordered from another supplier and they arrived today...

Tried your set up and no joy...oled does not light up...nothing ... nada...   raspberry... (eat more fruit)...:-(

tried..... https://github.com/naisema/MoodeAudio-OLED    worked first time and oled displays fine.... but breaks Moode... can no longer access any configuration pages in UI and have to ssh in to shutdown...:-(

Sad as this screen would be a perfect fit for a project.

Hi, @DRONE7

I'd say your problem with the MoodeAudio-OLED repo lies in the construction of the Python script moode-oled.py

moOde expects the LCD update script to execute and return. Instead, this script goes into an infinite while-loop.

I don't have any LCD/OLED displays to play with. To test my thought, I followed @naisema's README to install everything (mostly to make sure the presence of the Adafruit libraries weren't the issue). Then I edited moode-oled.py so it won't try to work with the display (through the disp object) but instead writes text messages to a log file. Sure enough, as soon as it was started by moOde, it began logging output to the file every second (the loop sleeps for 1 second) and moOde could no longer process config options. The moode.log file shows the worker process is waiting.

I then edited moode-oled.py to eliminate the while condition (and the now superfluous sleep function). Rebooted. et voilà moOde is happy.

Candidly, this repo looks like the author was trying to explore several directions at once. For its stated purpose, the loop is just plain wrong but there are other curious bits as well. 

It's not complicated but if you aren't a Python aficionado who likes to tinker with other people's code, I suggest you work with @adrii to sort out your OLED display interface. You now know your OLED display is electrically functional. I'll bet he gets you sorted with his code in no time.

Regards,
Kent

Messages In This Thread
RE: 128x64 OLED with Song Status and Spectrum Display on Raspberry Pi - by TheOldPresbyope - 08-15-2018, 02:48 PM
RE: help me - by ghera78 - 02-28-2020, 08:01 AM
RE: help me - by ghera78 - 02-28-2020, 01:17 PM