Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Instruction Guide 128x64 OLED with Song Status and Spectrum Display on Raspberry Pi
Hi leobo

I give some pointers for removing the spectrum display in the mpd_oled FAQ

https://github.com/antiprism/mpd_oled/bl...doc/FAQ.md

Adrian.
(04-07-2021, 07:20 PM)adrii Wrote: Hi leobo

I give some pointers for removing the spectrum display in the mpd_oled FAQ

https://github.com/antiprism/mpd_oled/bl...doc/FAQ.md

Adrian.

Thank you
Hello Adrii, Works fine with moode 7.1.0

Great work .....
Hi Cardone

Great. Thanks for the feedback!

Adrian.
Tested with Moode 7.2 all working as expected.
Hi officialsm

Thanks. I updated the mpd_oled instructions to use the new Moode feature to configure a copy of the audio in the UI, and so I appreciate hearing that it worked out.

Adrian.
Installed from source on 7.2, everything is ok, thanks.
(01-14-2021, 03:03 PM)adrii Wrote: Yesterday, 07:15 PM
Hi Francesco

I recently added a change to the mpd_oled service to wait for MPD to run before starting mpd_oled. This may help with the issue you are seeing.

Adrian.

Hi Adrian,
I tested the current version of mpd_oled with the new moOde 7.2 and, sorry, I confirm that if mpd_oled is started before any "music playback" the SoX is not considered.
I say this because I have done the following tests:
1. mpd_oled as a service as you suggest: if I start a "music playback": the stream is at 44.1.
2. mpd_oled as a service with 60 seconds delay: if I wait for the restart of mpd_oled and then start a "play music": the stream is at 44.1.
3. mpd_oled as a service with 60 seconds delay: if I start a "music playback" before mpd_oled gets up: the stream is at 384.
4. mpd_oled as a service as you suggest: if I start a "music playback": the stream is at 44.1 but if I stop and restart the service and stop and restart a "music playback": the stream is at 384.
Please let me know if you want to continue on this thread or if you prefer on GitHub Issue.
Sincerely and thanks,
Francis
Hello Adrian,
I have tested the current release of mpd_oled with the new moOde 7.2 and, sorry, I confirm that if mpd_oled is started before any "play music" the SoX is not considered.
I am saying that because I did the following tests:
1. mpd_oled as a service as you suggest: if I start a "play music": the stream is at 44.1.
2. mpd_oled as a service with 60 seconds of delay: if I wait up to the mpd_oled raise and then I start a "play music": the stream is at 44.1.
3. mpd_oled as a service with 60 seconds of delay: if I start a "play music" before the mpd_oled raise up: the stream is at 384.
4. mpd_oled as a service as you suggest: if I start a "play music": the streaming is at 44.1 but if I stop the service and stop and restart a "play music" and then restart the service: the streaming is at 384.
More specifically, it appears that a music must be playing when mpd_oled is started in order for SoX to work properly.
Please let me know if you want to continue on this thread or if you prefer on GitHub Issue.
Sincerely and thanks,
Francesco
Hi Francesco

Thank you for looking into this.

The ALSA stream is being read by the cava process which is started by mpd_oled. However, the cava process is only accessed by mpd_oled when music is playing, and so I could delay starting cava until the first time that music is played, and this should hopefully fix the issue.

I'll see if I can look at that next week.

Adrian.
Hi Adrian,
installation guide is ok but sometimes oled is not starting. At boot screen left black.
If i try

sudo systemctl start mpd_oled

it doesn't starts. I have to do this command

sudo mpd_oled_service_edit -o 6 -b 10 -g 1 -f 20 -c alsa,hw:Loopback,1

Service at systemctl is enabled.

Could you help me to investigate?
Thank you