Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Instruction Guide 128x64 OLED with Song Status and Spectrum Display on Raspberry Pi
Hello Adrian,
Probably I have found how to replicate the ALSA problem.
If all the following parameter are in the related setting, I have the problem.

1. Audio Config    -->    I2S Audio Device  -->   Named device      set to    None
2. Audio Config    -->    ALSA Options       -->   ALSA loopback     set to    ON
3. MPD Config      -->    Audio output       -->   Output device       set to    Pi Headphone jack
4. An input stream at the rate of 44.1 kHz.

The last condition can be emulated with the SoX "ON" at any "bit deepth"and at 44.1 kHz or using Jazz24.0rg station.

I am not sure that this is the only condition, but I am sure that it is one condition that give always the following error:
MPD error - Failed to open "ALSA Default" (alsa); Error opening ALSA device "_audioout"; snd_pcm_hw_params_set_buffer_time_near() failed: Invalid argument.

This is not an issue related to mpd_oled but, as you remember, it has been an error raised during the mpd_oled tests.

Best regards and thanks,
Francesco
P.S.: do you think that I have to write this on the 7.2 thread?
Hi Francesco

Moode 7.2.1 is going to change the playback device to use plughw rather than hw, which might help with the issue you are seeing. If you want to try it now, edit '/etc/alsa/conf.d/_deviceout.conf' and set the slave.pcm line to use plughw rather than hw.

Adrian.
Upgrade to Moode 7.1

I had an issue with the upgrade.

'/etc/modules' is reset, so if you are using an I2C OLED then edit '/etc/modules/' and add 'i2c-dev' to the file again.

The spectrum was not working for me. I am not sure of the exact steps to fix this but, possibly, stop mpd_oled

Code:
sudo systemctl stop mpd_oled

In Configure / Audio / ALSA options turn the loopback to OFF and click on SET, then turn it to ON and click on SET. Then start mpd_oled again

Code:
sudo systemctl start mpd_oled

Adrian.
(05-08-2021, 06:37 AM)adrii Wrote: Upgrade to Moode 7.1

I had an issue with the upgrade.

'/etc/modules' is reset, so if you are using an I2C OLED then edit '/etc/modules/' and add 'i2c-dev' to the file again.

The spectrum was not working for me. I am not sure of the exact steps to fix this but, possibly, stop mpd_oled

Code:
sudo systemctl stop mpd_oled

In Configure / Audio / ALSA options turn the loopback to OFF and click on SET, then turn it to ON and click on SET. Then start mpd_oled again

Code:
sudo systemctl start mpd_oled

Adrian.

Hello Adrian,
after update 7.2.0 to 7.2.1 and following the instructions from you, the oled works again ...
Great work from you ...
(05-04-2021, 07:14 PM)adrii Wrote: Hi officialsm

I have made a new launch test for mpd_oled on Moode. If you would like to test it then remove 'snd-aloop' from '/etc/modules', and replace the contents of '/usr/bin/mpd_oled_launch_test' with

Code:
#!/bin/bash

sysname="unknown"

moodeutl_path="/usr/local/bin/moodeutl"
volumio_path="/volumio"
raudio_path="/srv/http/command/rune_shutdown"

if test -f "$moodeutl_path" ; then
   sysname="moode"
   # wait for worker to start to ensure start flag is set to 0
   until ps -C worker.php > /dev/null; do
      sleep 2
   done
   sleep 1     # extra time allow to set flag
   until test $(moodeutl -q "select value from cfg_system where param='wrkready'") = "1"; do
      sleep 4
   done

elif test -f "$volumio_path" ; then
   sysname="volumio"
   until ps -C mpd > /dev/null; do
      sleep 10
   done
elif test -f "$raudio_path" ; then
   sysname="raudio"
   until ps -C mpd > /dev/null; do
      sleep 10
   done
fi

If this is working for you I will update the mpd_oled repository with the change.

Thank you for reporting the issue, and all your help to track down the cause!

Adrian.
At the moment works as expected (upgraded yesterday to 7.2.1.)
Hi officialsm

Thanks for the feedback. The new Moode startup complete check is now included in mpd_oled.

Adrian.
(05-14-2021, 09:50 AM)adrii Wrote: Hi officialsm

Thanks for the feedback. The new Moode startup complete check is now included in mpd_oled.

Adrian.

Hi Adrian,
I have tested the new binary version and everything is ok.
Thanks a lot and best regards,
Francesco
+1
After updating to 7.2.1 mod oled stopped working, but after updating to new binary everything works fine as usual,
Hi Francesco and KmPan

Thanks.

Adrian.
Hi, I have a problem with the oled display.  
When the song starts, the display freezes. Can someone help me figure out where am I wrong?
Thanks

my configuration:
Raspberry pi 3 B+
DAC R38 ES9038 Q2M
2.42” Oled 128x64 SPI SSD1309
Moode 7.2.1

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)