Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Instruction Guide 128x64 OLED with Song Status and Spectrum Display on Raspberry Pi
Hello Adrian,
Probably I have found how to replicate the ALSA problem.
If all the following parameter are in the related setting, I have the problem.

1. Audio Config    -->    I2S Audio Device  -->   Named device      set to    None
2. Audio Config    -->    ALSA Options       -->   ALSA loopback     set to    ON
3. MPD Config      -->    Audio output       -->   Output device       set to    Pi Headphone jack
4. An input stream at the rate of 44.1 kHz.

The last condition can be emulated with the SoX "ON" at any "bit deepth"and at 44.1 kHz or using Jazz24.0rg station.

I am not sure that this is the only condition, but I am sure that it is one condition that give always the following error:
MPD error - Failed to open "ALSA Default" (alsa); Error opening ALSA device "_audioout"; snd_pcm_hw_params_set_buffer_time_near() failed: Invalid argument.

This is not an issue related to mpd_oled but, as you remember, it has been an error raised during the mpd_oled tests.

Best regards and thanks,
Francesco
P.S.: do you think that I have to write this on the 7.2 thread?

Messages In This Thread
RE: 128x64 OLED with Song Status and Spectrum Display on Raspberry Pi - by fdealexa - 05-05-2021, 03:18 PM
RE: help me - by ghera78 - 02-28-2020, 08:01 AM
RE: help me - by ghera78 - 02-28-2020, 01:17 PM