Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Instruction Guide 128x64 OLED with Song Status and Spectrum Display on Raspberry Pi
(06-11-2021, 02:29 PM)adrii Wrote: Hi f.omar

The change from hw:Loopback to plughw:Loopback is important, and the screen will freeze without it (you can see that the status report no longer includes a segfault after this change).

However, by unlucky coincidence, there is a second issue also causing a screen freeze! You have an extra status message that I didn't have

Code:
Jun 11 13:56:59 moode mpd_oled[2247]: open file /tmp/cava_fifo_2247 for writing raw output

I upgraded to the latest cava, and I now have this message and also a screen freeze when I start to play music.

For now, if you are installing from source you can install a version of cava from before this change was made. The following fixed the issue for me

Code:
mkdir cava_old
cd cava_old
git clone https://github.com/karlstav/cava.git
cd cava
git checkout -b cava_old 57b39f5a8e2e3af005a6d5609f820467426c7389
./autogen.sh
./configure --disable-input-portaudio --disable-input-sndio --disable-output-ncurses --disable-input-pulse --program-prefix=mpd_oled_
make
sudo make install-strip

Then restart mpd_oled

Code:
sudo systemctl restart mpd_oled

I'll look into the issue.

Note: this only affects installation from source, the current binary install of mpd_oled was made before this change to cava, and should work correctly.

Adrian.
Hi Adrian, Hi Omar,
sorry I have sent the message before read yours: sorry again,
Francesco

Messages In This Thread
RE: 128x64 OLED with Song Status and Spectrum Display on Raspberry Pi - by fdealexa - 06-11-2021, 02:42 PM
RE: help me - by ghera78 - 02-28-2020, 08:01 AM
RE: help me - by ghera78 - 02-28-2020, 01:17 PM