Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Instruction Guide 128x64 OLED with Song Status and Spectrum Display on Raspberry Pi
Hi Alain

Thanks for posting the output. I am not sure what is causing the issue, and I was not able to reproduce it here (despite having output like yours at the end of play). I think the 'D' status for mpd_oled in your 'ps' output might be relevant, and I don't have this here. It seems to indicate that mpd_oled is waiting for some I/O that never happens (communication with cava? communication with the OLED?), and so it doesn't update the spectrum screen after play stops.

Could you try the following please

Install the latest mpd_oled (if that is not what you are using). Then, run

Code:
sudo mpd_oled_service_edit

and edit your mpd_oled command line to use 'hw' rather than 'plughw', so it would look like, e.g.

Code:
/usr/local/bin/mpd_oled -o 6 -b 30 -g 1 -f 25 -P s -c alsa,plughw:Loopback,1

If this does not fix the issue then, as a next step, I will review the mpd_oled code for clues as to how it might occur.
Does mpd_oled work correctly after the spectrum screen is left displaying after the stop? For example, if you play something else then the spectrum works, and if you pause it then you return to the clock screen?
Adrian.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 128x64 OLED with Song Status and Spectrum Display on Raspberry Pi - by adrii - 06-22-2021, 09:10 AM
RE: help me - by ghera78 - 02-28-2020, 08:01 AM
RE: help me - by ghera78 - 02-28-2020, 01:17 PM