Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Instruction Guide 128x64 OLED with Song Status and Spectrum Display on Raspberry Pi
Hi Lucius

Thank you for reporting the issue. Your output indicates that mpd_oled has crashed on startup, but I have been unable to reproduce this. I don't have your particular OLED, but I have an SSH1106 SPI screen, which I have connected to the same pins as yours. I started with a fresh copy of Moode 7.3, installed mpd_oled from source, and ran with the options you are using (apart from using -o 7 insead of -o 1). Everything is working fine for me

Code:
pi@moode217a:~ $ sudo systemctl status mpd_oled
● mpd_oled.service - MPD OLED Display
   Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/mpd_oled.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: active (running) since Sat 2021-07-03 10:38:09 CEST; 3min 7s ago
  Process: 304 ExecStartPre=/usr/local/bin/mpd_oled_launch_test (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
 Main PID: 450 (mpd_oled)
    Tasks: 5 (limit: 881)
   CGroup: /system.slice/mpd_oled.service
           ├─ 450 /usr/local/bin/mpd_oled -o 7 -r 24 -D 27 -b 21 -g 1 -f 15 -c alsa,plughw:Loopback,1
           ├─3454 sh -c mpd_oled_cava -p /tmp/cava_config_GLwJni
           └─3455 mpd_oled_cava -p /tmp/cava_config_GLwJni

Jul 03 10:37:50 moode217a systemd[1]: Starting MPD OLED Display...
Jul 03 10:38:09 moode217a systemd[1]: Started MPD OLED Display.
Jul 03 10:41:09 moode217a mpd_oled[450]: open file /tmp/cava_fifo_450 for writing raw output

I am unsure what is causing the issue, and can only make some general suggestions for troubleshooting.

Have you changed anything at all regarding the screen wiring or configuration from whan the sceen was working (I recommend reviewing the connections, even if you have not changed them)? Could you say a bit more about your hardware. Do you have any devices that might be using the same pins that you are using for the display? Are there any clues in the logs (e.g. error messages that might relate to SPI or GPIO)?

Code:
moodeutl -l | less
less /var/log/messages
dmesg | less

If you are not using any other SPI devices you could try removing the line 'dtparam=spi=on' from '/boot/config.txt'.

Try running mpd_oled on the command line, in case there are any extra messages

Code:
sudo systemctl stop mpd_oled
sudo /usr/local/bin/mpd_oled -o 1 -r 24 -D 27 -b 21 -g 1 -f 15 -c alsa,plughw:Loopback,1

Adrian.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 128x64 OLED with Song Status and Spectrum Display on Raspberry Pi - by adrii - 07-03-2021, 09:17 AM
RE: help me - by ghera78 - 02-28-2020, 08:01 AM
RE: help me - by ghera78 - 02-28-2020, 01:17 PM