Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

SSH login to moode
@manolomalele

At the user-interface level moOde and Volumio appear to be different animals but at the operating-system level where the networking subsystem resides they are very similar on a Raspberry Pi.

moOde 6.4.0
kernel 4.19.83-v7l+
openSSH-7.9p1

Volumio V.2 (volumio-2.632 upgraded to 2.692)
kernel 4.19.86-v7+
openSSH-6.9p1

I believe that if ssh is working over your LAN for one player it should be working for the other too.

The PuTTY error you report has been complained about frequently on Web forums. Basically PuTTY is passing along to the user an underlying Windows networking error message arising from packet interruption. Unfortunately, there is a whole cast of suspects. See, for example, the long commentary at https://superuser.com/questions/294824/p...tion-abort 

There you will find several suggested "fixes", each of them trying to address a perceived problem. Certainly the router is one suspect. Having more than one device assigned to the same IP address is another. TCPKeepAlive values, yada yada yada.

The stuttering you see with the moOde UI is just another manifestation of the same underlying problem.

Unfortunately, it's not easy for us to diagnose the problem remotely because we can't see the packet traffic on your LAN.

Regards,
Kent

PS - you never mention how your Windows box communicates with the LAN, what other devices are on the LAN, or what services besides routing are provided by the Vodaphone device (dns, dhcp ...?). In effect you've painted only half a picture.
You could also try to add:

Code:
IPQoS cs0 cs0

in your /etc/ssh/sshd_config.
(01-07-2020, 06:34 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: @manolomalele

At the user-interface level moOde and Volumio appear to be different animals but at the operating-system level where the networking subsystem resides they are very similar on a Raspberry Pi.

moOde 6.4.0
kernel 4.19.83-v7l+
openSSH-7.9p1

Volumio V.2 (volumio-2.632 upgraded to 2.692)
kernel 4.19.86-v7+
openSSH-6.9p1

I believe that if ssh is working over your LAN for one player it should be working for the other too.

The PuTTY error you report has been complained about frequently on Web forums. Basically PuTTY is passing along to the user an underlying Windows networking error message arising from packet interruption. Unfortunately, there is a whole cast of suspects. See, for example, the long commentary at https://superuser.com/questions/294824/p...tion-abort 

There you will find several suggested "fixes", each of them trying to address a perceived problem. Certainly the router is one suspect. Having more than one device assigned to the same IP address is another. TCPKeepAlive values, yada yada yada.

The stuttering you see with the moOde UI is just another manifestation of the same underlying problem.

Unfortunately, it's not easy for us to diagnose the problem remotely because we can't see the packet traffic on your LAN.

Regards,
Kent

PS - you never mention how your Windows box communicates with the LAN, what other devices are on the LAN, or what services besides routing are provided by the Vodaphone device (dns, dhcp ...?). In effect you've painted only half a picture.

Thank you for your post.
My home net works like this:

Modem/router 
Pi connected to it via ethernet
all the other devices connected to the modem/router via WiFi.

Both on the pi and the modem i have assigned a fix ip address so I don't think other devices will share it.

I'll try to read the page you've suggested and try to find a solution.

There's, however, another issue, the overall system lagginess...
It's not fast and responsive to the web interface. Maybe I can fix both the issues with one single try...
@manolomalele

You said

Quote:Both on the pi and the modem i have assigned a fix ip address so I don't think other devices will share it.

This is precisely why I put the following line in bold

Quote:Having more than one device assigned to the same IP address is another.

It is quite easy to misconfigure your router.

A quick test. Undo whatever fixed-address assignment you did in the router and reconfigure moOde to accept a DHCP-assigned IP address. Reboot. Let DHCP do its job.

Regards,
Kent