Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Cover Art not square on 7" display
You going to tell REI you found a survivalist use for its dividend card?
(08-15-2019, 09:00 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: Maybe this Raspberry Pi Forum thread on non-square pixels?

Regards,
Kent

Kent, you're a genius...

Code:
framebuffer_width=800
framebuffer_height=444
sdtv_aspect=1

This works for me. The size of the cover art is horizontally the same as vertically. Now I only have to get rid of the scrollbars on the right...
Thx Kent !!!
 :@
You're funny guys....but still, there IS a difference.... thnaks to Kent, there isn't anymore...:-)
I may be old, but I can still see very well....(thanks to my glasses)
To convert the fixed scrollbars to overlay scrollbars look at the Build Recipe.
https://github.com/moode-player/moode/bl..._v2.11.txt

COMPONENT 8 - Local UI display
4. Configure Chrome Browser

I've never been able to figure out how to automate this...
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Knew where to do this. But thx anyway!

But I think Swizzle has to look at this problem...it's minor but it's ther Smile
I tried to repro it in my simulator but no luck cos my monitor displays square pixel. I suspect that there is no way to control pixel aspect ratio in CSS. This is more of a display firmware thing. I could add it as a setting if it turns out thats the only way but it's not going to make the cut for the 6.0.1 update which I hope to release this weekend :-)
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
If it's not possible to solve it using code, just add it to the manual as a setting for 7" display users. I know now what to do, so I won't nag about it anymore :-)
(08-15-2019, 09:39 PM)JST1963 Wrote: Knew where to do this. But thx anyway!

But I think Swizzle has to look at this problem...it's minor but it's ther Smile

What screen is the spurious scrollbar on?

I wouldn’t have any way to replicate something specific to the Pi touchscreen but an image would help understand what’s going on.
The scrollbars are gone, that was not a real issue.
The main problem was the fact that the cover art on the 7" display, both in normal view and in coverview, was not square, even though the original jpeg is 800 by 800. Kent found a thread on a Pi forum where they talk about non-square pixels, and that solved my problem.
I'm not really sure you can solve this because it's more a HW problem, but hey, I heard you're some kind of wizard :-)
It’s possible to scale things non-uniformly in css (see https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs...tion/scale) but using whole page transforms can and usually does lead to other problems. If those lines added to config.txt fix the problem then a mechanism (aka button) that would add those lines in the localui section seems like the best solution.

If you don’t care about everything else being stretched and it’s just the album art that’s annoying we could add a non-uniform scale factor as above to the cover art in pi touchscreen css.